web.telegram.org

On Android, if you use that, there is an app called Teleight that is also 100% accessible.

hope that helps

On 2019-02-22 11:19 p.m., Kwork wrote:
I've been hearing about a social platform called Telegram. Has anyone used it here, and is it at all accessible with NVDA? Thanks.

Travis

Stephen

Last I checked with the desktop application, it was completely inaccessible, however, that was a good 18 months ago now.

At 04:47 PM 2/23/2019, you wrote:
Hi,

The website is.

On 2019-02-22 11:19 p.m., Kwork wrote:
I've been hearing about a social platform called Telegram. Has anyone used it here, and is it at all accessible with NVDA? Thanks.

Travis

Kwork

It's still inaccessible. I just tried it out of curiosity.

Travis

On 2019-02-22 11:19 p.m., Kwork wrote:
I've been hearing about a social platform called Telegram. Has anyone used it here, and is it at all accessible with NVDA? Thanks.

Travis

Kwork

Thank you very much!

That seems to work. Better than the desktop application anyway. 😊

Travis

On 2019-02-22 11:19 p.m., Kwork wrote:
I've been hearing about a social platform called Telegram. Has anyone used it here, and is it at all accessible with NVDA? Thanks.

Travis

Tyler Wood

Hi,

It certainly does work reasonably well. It isn't optimal e.g. I'm not sure how to send voice messages but it gets the job done and can send notifications in a browser.

If you use an iPhone it can also send notifications to that, but the only way to respond is via the notification itself e.g. flicking down to reply. The main app is a joke.

On 2019-02-22 11:19 p.m., Kwork wrote:
I've been hearing about a social platform called Telegram. Has anyone used it here, and is it at all accessible with NVDA? Thanks.

Travis

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I don't know but I heard about it yesterday on a BBC documentary about criminals using it to sell drugs and all sorts of other stuff. Indeed most networks papable of end to end encryption seem to have been embraced by the crooks for obvious reasons. One needs therefore to be careful.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

I've been hearing about a social platform called Telegram. Has anyone used it here, and is it at all accessible with NVDA? Thanks.

Travis

The website works with NVDA, the desktop app does not.
Greetings,
Wolfram

Kwork schrieb:

I've been hearing about a social platform called Telegram. Has anyone used it here, and is it at all accessible with NVDA? Thanks.

Travis

Mallard

Hello there,

Yes, I use Telelight in Android, which is a great app developed by people at the University of Tabriz, in Iran.

I'll never be grateful enough to those devs for giving such a great solution, while the devs of the actual Telegram app treated our requests for accessibility with contempt, to say the least...

They actually replied to me using very strong language when I first contacted them at the end of 2013, when the app had just been released... Never seen anything like that!

The website is ok with NVDA as well, as far as I could see, but I haven't gone into that too much, having a very good solution on my phone.

Ciao,

Ollie

On 2019-02-22 11:19 p.m., Kwork wrote:
I've been hearing about a social platform called Telegram. Has anyone used it here, and is it at all accessible with NVDA? Thanks.

Travis

Sarah k Alawami

I will never use that program because you don't buy it from the the play store, hence I don't trust the devs. They did give a reason as to why they cannot put it in the play store but I have now forgotten it.

Take care

On 2019-02-22 11:19 p.m., Kwork wrote:

I've been hearing about a social platform called Telegram. Has anyone used it here, and is it at all accessible with NVDA? Thanks.

Travis

Tyler Wood

Hi,

Missing out, then.

That's like saying you won't buy an app on a computer because it's not in the windows or mac app store. It is just sillyness.

I wish more apps did that. Google and apple love to snatch money away from developers.

On 2019-02-22 11:19 p.m., Kwork wrote:

I've been hearing about a social platform called Telegram. Has anyone used it here, and is it at all accessible with NVDA? Thanks.

Travis

Lenron

I completely agree with you on this Tyler.

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832

Jackie

Maybe, Tyler, but the other side of the coin is that you're at least a
little more likely to get a vetted app from these app stores.

On 2019-02-22 11:19 p.m., Kwork wrote:

I've been hearing about a social platform called
Telegram. Has anyone used it here, and is it at all
accessible with NVDA? Thanks.

Travis

Sarah k Alawami

Well, that, and no one I know of in the usa uses telegram anyway. so for me I'm not missing out. What's app for me, my family and my usa and canada peoples are more popular.

Take care

On 2019-02-22 11:19 p.m., Kwork wrote:

I've been hearing about a social platform called Telegram. Has anyone used it here, and is it at all accessible with NVDA? Thanks.

Travis

Ryan Boudwin

Signal is an excellent alternative to Telegram and is fully accessible on all platforms.

It has the same security advantages as telegram.

Ryan

On 2019-02-22 11:19 p.m., Kwork wrote:

I've been hearing about a social platform called Telegram. Has anyone used it here, and is it at all accessible with NVDA? Thanks.

Travis

Antony Stone

Is it interoperable (by which I mean, if you use Signal and I use Telegram,
can we communicate)?

Or is it just another "closed society", where the people who are in can talk
to each other, but not to anyone else?

Antony.

On 2019-02-22 11:19 p.m., Kwork wrote:

I've been hearing about a social platform called Telegram. Has anyone
used it here, and is it at all accessible with NVDA? Thanks.

Travis
--
"When you talk about Linux versus Windows, you're talking about which
operating system is the best value for money and fit for purpose. That's a very

- Steve Vamos, MD of Microsoft Australia

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Sam Bushman

I downloaded signal desktop and installed it. Doesn't seem to talk well. Is there a manual and or hotkeys for the app? How can I get started?

On 2019-02-22 11:19 p.m., Kwork wrote:

I've been hearing about a social platform called Telegram. Has anyone
used it here, and is it at all accessible with NVDA? Thanks.

Travis
--
"When you talk about Linux versus Windows, you're talking about which
operating system is the best value for money and fit for purpose. That's a very
basic decision customers can make if they have the information available to
them. Quite frankly if we lose to Linux because our customers say it's better
value for money, tough luck for us."

- Steve Vamos, MD of Microsoft Australia

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Well what is telegram and what is signal.

On 2019-02-22 11:19 p.m., Kwork wrote:

I've been hearing about a social platform called Telegram. Has anyone
used it here, and is it at all accessible with NVDA? Thanks.

Travis

Sam Bushman

They are both apops to communicate. They can call, text, group chat etc.

On 2019-02-22 11:19 p.m., Kwork wrote:

I've been hearing about a social platform called Telegram. Has
anyone used it here, and is it at all accessible with NVDA? Thanks.

Travis

what about zello, I have never used it much but it does work.