Brave Browser

Mallard

Hello list,

Thanks to Jacob Kruger, who posted about this browser on  the eyes-free Android list, I discovered Brave Browser.

It's a Chrome-based browser with an ad-blocker already embedded.

It's very fast and, as far as I've been able to see up to now (I've only tried it for a day or so), it's very accessible with NVDA.

If someone with better testing abilities than I have would like to have a go at it, and then post their findings here, it can be found at:

https://brave.com

I've mainly used it in Android for now, but I have installed it in Windoes as well, and there's also a version for Linux, if anyone's interested.

I hope this can be another browser to choose from.

Ciao,

Ollie

Great! I remember asking on that thread if there would be this one for Windows, but I guess they didn't let me post because this wasn't about Android :(
Anyway, going to test it now!
Em 27/02/2019 09:24, Mallard escreveu:

Hello list,

Thanks to Jacob Kruger, who posted about this browser on  the eyes-free Android list, I discovered Brave Browser.

It's a Chrome-based browser with an ad-blocker already embedded.

It's very fast and, as far as I've been able to see up to now (I've only tried it for a day or so), it's very accessible with NVDA.

If someone with better testing abilities than I have would like to have a go at it, and then post their findings here, it can be found at:

https://brave.com

I've mainly used it in Android for now, but I have installed it in Windoes as well, and there's also a version for Linux, if anyone's interested.

I hope this can be another browser to choose from.

Ciao,

Ollie

Mallard

Hello Marcio,

Gosh, I'm so fed up with that "it isn't about Android"!!!

It's a stupid attitude, especially because that list has been going strong for years without any Joe Blow telling us what to say and what not to say...

Anyway, it's a great browser. Go for it!

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 27/02/2019 15:13, marcio via Groups.Io ha scritto:
Great! I remember asking on that thread if there would be this one for Windows, but I guess they didn't let me post because this wasn't about Android :(
Anyway, going to test it now!

Cheers,
Marcio

Em 27/02/2019 09:24, Mallard escreveu:
Hello list,

Thanks to Jacob Kruger, who posted about this browser on  the eyes-free Android list, I discovered Brave Browser.

It's a Chrome-based browser with an ad-blocker already embedded.

It's very fast and, as far as I've been able to see up to now (I've only tried it for a day or so), it's very accessible with NVDA.

If someone with better testing abilities than I have would like to have a go at it, and then post their findings here, it can be found at:

https://brave.com

I've mainly used it in Android for now, but I have installed it in Windoes as well, and there's also a version for Linux, if anyone's interested.

I hope this can be another browser to choose from.

Ciao,

Ollie

molly the blind tech lover

I'm done with that list lol.

[...]

Devin Prater

Yeah, I unsubscribed from that list after the high and mighty Google guy
said people couldn't discuss the new Samsung phones on what has become
an Android list for blind people.
--
Devin Prater
r.d.t.prater@gmail.com

"molly the blind tech lover" <brainardmolly@gmail.com> writes:

I'm done with that list lol.

[...]

Sarah k Alawami

I'll have to see if this browser is for mac as well. I also might give it a play on windows and nvda as well to see if it is as good as people say it is. I know how to use chrome so the transition should not be rough.

For an android list in the making where android apps, accessibility, phones and development can be discussed  subscribe send a blank email to
androiddiscuss+subscribe@android-discuss.groups.io
and follow the prompts.
to visit the subgroups  and subscribe (note you must be subscribed to the main group as well) visit the following URL:
about-android.tffppodcast.com

On 27 Feb 2019, at 10:41, Devin Prater wrote:

Yeah, I unsubscribed from that list after the high and mighty Google guy
said people couldn't discuss the new Samsung phones on what has become
an Android list for blind people.
--
Devin Prater
r.d.t.prater@...

"molly the blind tech lover" <brainardmolly@...> writes:

I'm done with that list lol.

[...]

windows as well, and there's also a version for Linux, if anyone's
interested.

I hope this can be another browser to choose from.

Ciao,

Ollie

Does anyone know how to disable ad blocking for individual websites?

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

the quick tests i have done so far it seems very accessible with nvda. Just been looking through the menus settings etc and trying out the quick navigation keys with nvda and am going to use it for the rest of the day and see how it goes. So far so good.

there must be 2 installers for the 64 bit i am guessing i downloaded a small file to download it then it had to be setup. I am wondering if the other was the full version? but that seemed accessible 2.

Gene nz

On 28/02/2019 1:24 AM, Mallard wrote:
Hello list,

Thanks to Jacob Kruger, who posted about this browser on  the eyes-free Android list, I discovered Brave Browser.

It's a Chrome-based browser with an ad-blocker already embedded.

It's very fast and, as far as I've been able to see up to now (I've only tried it for a day or so), it's very accessible with NVDA.

If someone with better testing abilities than I have would like to have a go at it, and then post their findings here, it can be found at:

https://brave.com

I've mainly used it in Android for now, but I have installed it in Windoes as well, and there's also a version for Linux, if anyone's interested.

I hope this can be another browser to choose from.

Ciao,

Ollie

Kwork

Windows, Mac, Google Play and iOS. Mac link

https://laptop-updates.brave.com/latest/osx

General download page, where you can find all versions:

https://brave.com/download/

Main page, where you can find the links to all the other pages:

https://brave.com/features/

I'll probably try it out soon myself. It's apparently quite iOS accessible too. Haven't heard from droidians yet.

Travis

On 2/27/2019 11:55 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

[...]

It's great in Android, as far as I could see.

I can even do my shopping on the site of a supermarket that brings shopping home free of charge for disabled people here in Milan and otehr parts of Northern Italy.

I couldn't do that with any other browser. With Chrome I had to switch to Desktop Version, but it was terribly slow. This one flies!

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 27/02/2019 22:19, Kwork ha scritto:

[...]

Follow or add me on Facebook
<https://facebook.com/firirinfonfon>

Em 27/02/2019 17:28, hurrikennyandopo ... escreveu:
there must be 2 installers for the 64 bit i am guessing i downloaded a small file to download it then it had to be setup. I am wondering if the other was the full version? but that seemed accessible 2.
I came across these 2 files as well. In fact i downloaded both. However, I ended up keeping only one of them, which explicitlye stated to be the 64bit installer.
Guess the other one would be the full installer though as I also had to wait the download even after opening the file I just downloaded.

Cheers,

As far as I know, Ollie is a Android user, which by the way had tested Brave on Android even before testing on Windows.

Ollie's comments:

Em 27/02/2019 18:19, Kwork escreveu:

[...]

g melconian <gmelconian619@...>

Malard good for the recommendations.i just installed ot my old nexus 6 and nexus 9 lte .i guess it will be end of life on my nexus 9 lt as far as lineage goes .my nexus 6 is still on lineage and now will ge pie. One plus 6 and 6 tt on oxygen ox builds.love oxygen os for what it offers.