Topics

SAPI 5 and One Core voices volume comparison?

Jaffar Sidek

Hi all.  Is it just me?  I noticed that there is quite a difference in the volumes of both the SAPI 5 and One Core volume outputs.  The difference is quite marked in fact, me having to increase my speakers' volume quite a bit when I use NVDA with One Core Voices as compared to when using SAPI 5.  Is this An NVDA Issue?  because the one core voices sound comparatively louder when used with Narrator.  Cheers!

The number of factors that come in to how humans perceive volume is just immense, as are the number of factors that can come in to how Windows (or any OS) deals with volumes when multiple programs are involved.

The easiest way to "even things out" across programs is to use volume equalization under Windows if your hardware supports it (mine doesn't).  See the search results from:
     https://duckduckgo.com/?q=windows+volume+equalization
for more tutorials on this subject than I could ever plow through in a lifetime.   If your hardware supports it, consider going that route.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Not sure but in the old speech platform voices, the precursor to the new one core ones it was quieter as well, I think its compression which is less, but Narrator may well be using some extra audio processing.
Currently do not have 10 here so cannot tell if its worse now than it used to be.
Indeed though many synths seem to have different volume logic and I never really understood the logic.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-