application error in latest alpha

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

Hi.  I am getting this error every time I restart the latest NVDA alpha:

Error message below

//////////

NvdaHelper remote(outProcMgrThreadFunc) Dialog: error registering focus WinEventHook

//////////

There is then an ok button to get out of the dialog.  How it affects NVDA's workings, I am not as yet sure as I am just trying the alpha out.  Will report if there is any misbehavior.  Cheers!

Brian's Mail list account

Does it do it if you disable all addones on a restart?
It looks a little like it might be related to an add on.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Hi. I am getting this error every time I restart the latest NVDA alpha:

Error message below

//////////

NvdaHelper remote(outProcMgrThreadFunc) Dialog: error registering focus WinEventHook

//////////

There is then an ok button to get out of the dialog. How it affects NVDA's workings, I am not as yet sure as I am just trying the alpha out. Will report if there is any misbehavior. Cheers!

Brian's Mail list account

I don't see this with add ons on or off but do occasionally hear an error tone on start up.
I'm using windows 7.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Hi. I am getting this error every time I restart the latest NVDA alpha:

Error message below

//////////

NvdaHelper remote(outProcMgrThreadFunc) Dialog: error registering focus WinEventHook

//////////

There is then an ok button to get out of the dialog. How it affects NVDA's workings, I am not as yet sure as I am just trying the alpha out. Will report if there is any misbehavior. Cheers!

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

O I got it fixed by going to tools and registering the dlls and then restarting my pc.  Cheers!

On 3/2/2019 5:42 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Does it do it if you disable all addones on a restart?
It looks a little like it might be related to an add on.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jaffar Sidek" <jaffar.sidek10@...>
Hi. I am getting this error every time I restart the latest NVDA alpha:

Error message below

//////////

NvdaHelper remote(outProcMgrThreadFunc) Dialog: error registering focus WinEventHook

//////////

There is then an ok button to get out of the dialog. How it affects NVDA's workings, I am not as yet sure as I am just trying the alpha out. Will report if there is any misbehavior. Cheers!

Brian's Mail list account

Hmm, well that did not work for me but then I'm getting different errors.
I wonder what deregistered the files. Have you uninstalled anything recently?

Might be of use to know for others sake.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Hi. I am getting this error every time I restart the latest NVDA alpha:

Error message below

//////////

NvdaHelper remote(outProcMgrThreadFunc) Dialog: error registering focus WinEventHook

//////////

There is then an ok button to get out of the dialog. How it affects NVDA's workings, I am not as yet sure as I am just trying the alpha out. Will report if there is any misbehavior. Cheers!

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

No!  Or at least I don't remember installing or uninstalling anything.    And to be honest about it, it wasn't a thought process or anything intelligent but pure guess work.  In fact, I was pleasantly surprised to find the errors gone.  Cheers!

On 3/3/2019 5:11 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Hmm, I hate mysteries like that. I like to see a smoking gun. IE

cause and effect.
We have several people on here who advocate a complete reinstall of windows, but I've never had to do that thus far for most issues its some kind of registry corruption maybe caused by a bad bit of software or a bad shutdown.
Anyway, glad its sorted it for you.

Brian
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Hi. I am getting this error every time I restart the latest NVDA alpha:

Error message below

//////////

NvdaHelper remote(outProcMgrThreadFunc) Dialog: error registering focus WinEventHook

There is then an ok button to get out of the dialog. How it affects NVDA's workings, I am not as yet sure as I am just trying the alpha out. Will report if there is any misbehavior. Cheers!

Quentin Christensen

On the positive side (or at least positive for us) - this is the only report of this I've seen so far - which could indicate that something has been installed / uninstalled or otherwise updated which has messed up the registry a bit, or maybe a butterfly flapped its wings on the other side of the world at the wrong moment.  Glad re-registering the DLLs fixed it.  It will be interesting to see if it happens again - eg when another build comes out to update to.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager