qualtrics

enes sarıbaş

hi all,

I need to conduct a survey as part of my masters project, and the things I am doing, require me to use Qualtrics. However, the program doesn't seem to be very accessible. For instance, I cannot change question type to something which isn't multiple choice. Is there a way to use this accessibly with NVDA? Have any other members used this software?

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

I haven't created any surveys with qualtrix, but I've taken a lot of them, and they are sketchy in the extreme.

I feel that even if you hacked one into being somehow, a lot of assistive technology users would be barriered from completing it. Qualtrix is simply a bad idea.

Survey monkey and google forms are both very accessible for creation and distribution. Formstack is another great tool. If qualtrix dowsn't want to comply, they can go bankrupt and the industry won't miss them.

Best,

Erik

On March 3, 2019 1:27:44 PM enes sarıbaş <enes.saribas@gmail.com> wrote:

hi all,

I need to conduct a survey as part of my masters project, and the things
I am doing, require me to use Qualtrics. However, the program doesn't
seem to be very accessible. For instance, I cannot change question type
to something which isn't multiple choice. Is there a way to use this
accessibly with NVDA? Have any other members used this software?

enes sarıbaş

hi,

Actually, I have completed many qualtrics surveys, and they are generally accessible, unless they use matrix style or graphical questions.

On 3/3/2019 9:18 PM, erik burggraaf wrote:
[...]

My experience has been that they use nonstandard select controls that can't be read by a screen reader. Often they can be acted on and it is possible to make an educated guess what's wanted but they aren't standard and don't report properly. Edit boxes work OK.

Best,

Erik

On March 3, 2019 4:20:51 PM enes sarıbaş <enes.saribas@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Hendrik Steyn <groothendrik.steyn@...>

+1 Erik

I use google forms all the time at work and it works well. You can mix questions (some multiple choice and others short and long answers etc.) Survey monkey is another choice, although make sure you know what you are getting into. If you have a paid account, all's well, but the free acount does have some limitations.

Hope this helps

Hendrik

On 3/3/2019 11:18 PM, erik burggraaf wrote:
[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I'd heartily agree, your tutor should embrace this as a real barrier to accessibility not just for the creation but the execution of surveys. I recently had one from Virgin media and it was a total wast of time access wise. I won't go into detail, but it was inconsistent and used controls no screenreader knew about. I bet it looked pretty though :-)
Google seems to be the preferred on.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

[...]

Sarah k Alawami

I have since used google forms. There is an app I use on android called GForms and now I can write accessible forms. Two examples are this form and this one

I have used survey monkey but it is not as accessible as it could be and it has only gotten worse over the past maybe 10 years since I have started using it.

hope that helps a bit.