Joseph Lee's add-ons and NVDA 2019.1: supported add-ons are compatible

Hi everyone,

As agreed to between add-on authors a few weeks ago (announcing compatibility statements between beta 1 and official release), I’d like to let folks know that supported add-ons coming from me are compatible with NVDA 2019.1. Supported add-ons include:

  • Add-on Updater
  • Easy Table Navigator
  • Enhanced Touch Gestures
  • Golden Cursor (maintenance only)
  • GoldWave
  • ObjPad
  • Object Location Tones
  • Resource Monitor
  • Screen Curtain (experimental)
  • StationPlaylist Studio
  • SystrayList
  • Virtual Review
  • Windows 10 App Essentials

Important notices regarding some of these:

  • Add-on Updater: 30 days after release of NVDA 2019.1, support for 2018.4 will be dropped from this add-on.
  • StationPlaylist Studio: for people using 18.09.x-LTS, after release of 18.09.8 in April, 18.09.x will enter bug fix only mode. Also, for those using stable releases, version 19.06 and later will require Studio 5.20 and later.
  • Windows 10 App Essentials: 30 days after release of NVDA 2019.1, support for 2018.3 will be dropped from this add-on as for add-on maintenance policy (supporting current and immediate past releases).

For add-ons dropping support for older NVDA releases:

  1. Although I did say 30 days, the schedule is a bit flexible, and I’ll let you know when support for older NVDA releases ends.
  2. For people using Add-on Updater (or for that matter, NVDA 2019.1 beta 1 and later), ending support for old NVDA releases means add-on manifest will be edited to reflect this change.

Lastly, although not stated in the subject line, once Python 3 version of NVDA ships, most (if not all) add-ons maintained by me will require that version of NVDA at some point in the future. To help out with transitions, I’ll give you a grace period where you can evaluate that future version of NVDA. Once the grace period closes, there’s no going back.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi all,

Also, I’m taking a break from everything that has to do with NVDA for a few weeks so I can get my health back. After a busy weekend and doing some internal translations work, it has become clear to me that I have sort of reached the limit as to how many things I can do at once. Thus, in order to concentrate on things outside of NVDA, I’m suspending all work related to NVDA, including add-on releases and development, code contribution and what not (for translators: I have resigned from translation work, but did say I’ll help out with 2019.1 translations).

In case folks would like to reach me online, emails will work. For those wishing to (finally) meet me offline, although I won’t be going to CSUN conference due to scheduling conflicts, I’ll be going to a national speech tournament in April to be held at Santa Ana, California.

Cheers,

Joseph

[...]

Joseph,
First, thank for your wonderful work to this NVDA community. You are so kind donating your time to help improving others' lives.
So, take your time and I hope you'll stay well.

Until and even after we meet here again,
All the very best to you.

Em 04/03/2019 13:43, Joseph Lee escreveu:

[...]

cisco <audiogamer2004@...>

Josef. just one thing to say, thanks for your grate work! now, ricaveri and stay well.

On 3/4/2019 6:11 PM, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Well good luck to you Joseph. It can be hard sometimes as there is a proverb here in the uK Let the willing horse carry the load, but they forget about the limits of that load!

It can be hard even at my age when lots of things I feel passionate about come along to prioritise what to do.
Lets just say one humbling statement for us all to remember is this. The cemeteries are full of people who were indispensable.
The world will get along, in the end, you can only do so much.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

[...]

Pascal Lambert <coccinelle86@...>

A wise decision, take care of yourself and thanks for your contributions to the NVDA community.

Best of luck and God bless.

Pascal

[...]

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 12:39 PM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
you can only do so much.
And, in the end, you only should do so much.  Everyone is entitled to "have a life" and preferably one where one's health, be it physical, mental, or both is not sacrificed in an effort to serve or please others.  It is not selfish to take care of oneself, first, so that one can continue taking care of whatever and whoever else one chooses to.  It's essential, in fact.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Em 04/03/2019 16:17, Brian Vogel escreveu:
And, in the end, you only should do so much.  Everyone is entitled to "have a life" and preferably one where one's health, be it physical, mental, or both is not sacrificed in an effort to serve or please others.  It is not selfish to take care of oneself, first, so that one can continue taking care of whatever and whoever else one chooses to.  It's essential, in fact.
Very well said. BRAVO!

Cheers,

Curtis Delzer

you take care! you are much more important than ANY projects.

On 3/4/2019 8:43 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

[...]

Yes I know. Its counter productive any other way, though some people do try to make you feel guilty about load shedding, though perhaps unconsciously you get taken for granted as part of the furniture!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 12:39 PM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:

you can only do so much.
And, in the end, you only *should* do so much. Everyone is entitled to "have a life" and preferably one where one's health, be it physical, mental, or both is not sacrificed in an effort to serve or please others. It is not selfish to take care of oneself, first, so that one can continue taking care of whatever and whoever else one chooses to. It's essential, in fact.

*A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.*

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back