Topics

Off Topic Thunderbird reading messages view

ADRIAN POCOCK

Email me off list at ampbeast@...

I use a mix of nvda and full screen magnification to read mail in thunderbird.

I noticed that there is no text cursor to follow where i am whilst nvda reads the message.

Is this normal and if so is there a way to do it apart from editing the original message.

Also is there a way of having more than one filter applied to the sorting order of emails in inbox.

Lastly does anyone know of any add-on to move all messages from one subject as in the threads to create one combined email.

I know i have asked a lot, but if anyone knows anything that would help me out a lot.

Regards Adrian Pocock.

Em 04/03/2019 14:59, ADRIAN POCOCK escreveu:
Also is there a way of having more than one filter applied to the sorting order of emails in inbox.
To my knowledge, one can have as many filters as one needs. You just need to pay attention on the filters' order, because they will run according with what you have done first.

Lastly does anyone know of any add-on to move all messages from one subject as in the threads to create one combined email.

You don't need an add-on to do it, not really. On the "order by" (or something like that) menu, you'll find an option to group the messages on a certain subject in only one thread.

Sorry, I believe I couldn't help as much as I'd like, but I hope you find at least one thing that I just wrote useful for answering your questions.

Cheers,
Marcio

Curtis Delzer

My thing is that I cannot get Thunderbird to change folders where I wish messages to go in that combobox of my folders. I've made folders for message groups E.G. nvda, windows ten, blindtech, etc. but how to get them to change? I press enter and get an error message so what is the secret?

On 3/4/2019 10:14 AM, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:
Em 04/03/2019 14:59, ADRIAN POCOCK escreveu:
Also is there a way of having more than one filter applied to the sorting order of emails in inbox.
To my knowledge, one can have as many filters as one needs. You just need to pay attention on the filters' order, because they will run according with what you have done first.

Lastly does anyone know of any add-on to move all messages from one subject as in the threads to create one combined email.

You don't need an add-on to do it, not really. On the "order by" (or something like that) menu, you'll find an option to group the messages on a certain subject in only one thread.

Sorry, I believe I couldn't help as much as I'd like, but I hope you find at least one thing that I just wrote useful for answering your questions.

Cheers,
Marcio

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Curt,

I used to have problems with rules not working in thunderbird so I switched back to outlook. It's easier to do message rules in outlook but sometimes even those rules don't always work.

Rosie

[...]

Moving Messages Between Folders on Thunderbird

1.      Select the message or messages you wish to move.

2.      Bring up the context menu with the applications/menu key or Shift+F10, then hit M [Move]

3.      You will be presented with a submenu that will vary somewhat depending on your folder structure, you have to drill down through the submenu to locate the folder where you want the selected messages to be moved.

4.      Once you have focus on that folder, hit Enter and the message(s) will be moved there.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Brice Mijares

Try opening the message, hit alt m, m again, then right arrow and then you can arrow up or down to the folder you want and hit enter and the message will go into that folder. There is a add on that escapes my memory. Something like single key navigation that will move you to the folders quicker.

On 3/4/2019 3:10 PM, Curtis Delzer wrote:
[...]

Hi,
The add-on you are talking about is called Quick Folder Navigation. It's actually quite good and I do use it on my Thunderbird :)
Em 04/03/2019 20:38, Brice Mijares escreveu:

[...]

Even though I'm doing something I will soon be cracking down on (including for myself, I might add) I will offer one last bit of information on this Off-Topic topic.

Part of the "shortcut sheets" I create for my clients can include information on Thunderbird and using it with a screen reader.  Here's that section, which includes information about the add-on that makes first letter navigation in the folder tree possible:

Using Thunderbird with a Screen Reader

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Brice Mijares

Thanks for the reminder.

On 3/4/2019 3:43 PM, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

I've downloaded the add-on, how to get it into my thunderbird?  thanks guys for the off-topic messages.

[...]

If you've downloaded it through Thunderbird itself it's already installed.
If not, then you need to open the XPI file via Thunderbird and I wouldn't know exactly how to do it right now.
Hopefully, others will comment.

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 10:35 PM, Curtis Delzer wrote:
I've downloaded the add-on, how to get it into my thunderbird?
Please read the tutorial I've already given the link to earlier.  The first part is step-by-step instructions for downloading and installing the Quick Folder Key Navigation extension in Thunderbird.

There are times when I feel like I'm talking to the air.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

If you have some sight, does focus highlight help you at all?

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

I use a mix of nvda and full screen magnification to read mail in thunderbird.

I noticed that there is no text cursor to follow where i am whilst nvda reads the message.

Is this normal and if so is there a way to do it apart from editing the original message.

Also is there a way of having more than one filter applied to the sorting order of emails in inbox.

Lastly does anyone know of any add-on to move all messages from one subject as in the threads to create one combined email.

I know i have asked a lot, but if anyone knows anything that would help me out a lot.

Regards Adrian Pocock.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

No its just sometimes people only retain the gist of a message not the detail.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 10:35 PM, Curtis Delzer wrote:

I've downloaded the add-on, how to get it into my thunderbird?
Please read the tutorial I've already given the link to earlier. The first part is step-by-step instructions for downloading and installing the Quick Folder Key Navigation extension in Thunderbird.

There are times when I feel like I'm talking to the air.

*A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.*

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Curtis Delzer

well now, wouldn't it be fun if the air talked to you saying soft things? :)

I saw the file, downloaded it, but the tutorial on the NEDA site merely mentioned to go to that web site, get it, but I didn't see how to install. I just had the file extension of the folder app open with the executable of t-bird.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@gmail.com>
On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 10:35 PM, Curtis Delzer wrote:

I've downloaded the add-on, how to get it into my thunderbird?
Please read the tutorial I've already given the link to earlier. The first part is step-by-step instructions for downloading and installing the Quick Folder Key Navigation extension in Thunderbird.

There are times when I feel like I'm talking to the air.

*A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.*

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Curtis,
I'd think if you highlight the file, open the context menu and select the "open with" option, you'd see a "Thunderbird" choice to select and it'd do the trick.
Try it and let me know if it works for you :)
Em 05/03/2019 07:32, Curtis Delzer escreveu:

well now, wouldn't it be fun if the air talked to you saying soft things? :)

I saw the file, downloaded it, but the tutorial on the NEDA site merely mentioned to go to that web site, get it, but I didn't see how to install. I just had the file extension of the folder app open with the executable of t-bird.

On 3/5/2019 1:17 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
No its just sometimes people only retain the gist of a message not the detail.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@...>
On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 10:35 PM, Curtis Delzer wrote:

I've downloaded the add-on, how to get it into my thunderbird?

Please read the tutorial I've already given the link to earlier. The first part is step-by-step instructions for downloading and installing the Quick Folder Key Navigation extension in Thunderbird.

There are times when I feel like I'm talking to the air.

*A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.*

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Curt,

For the add-on to work, you have to close thunderbird and then restart it.

Rosie

[...]

the issue I have is that I can't get the button to import from add-on manager. the download happened in my browser, Chrome, and the xpi file is, I thought if I just associate the file to thunderbird.exe it would work. but, instead, thunderbird just created an outgoing message with the add-on as an attachment. :) There is suppose to be a button somewhere near the seach feature in the add-on, but when I go to "all add-ons that my browser comes up and I am back to the beginning of having them download to my download area and not directly into T-bird. Again, the issue is finding that import button in the add-on manager which is suppose to be right next to the "search" button according to the help I read.

[...]

I will try that, thanks, let's just hope that it is there. there are ways to make sounds when messages come in with an add-on called "tonequilla." :)

On 3/5/2019 9:21 AM, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

How do we use this add-on for the sounds?
Tell me more about it? :)

P.S.: What about installing the other add-on? Did you manage it?

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook