OT Mozila Thunderbird

AKH AKH

Is there a shortcut  key press to create a new subfolder in TB? I've
looked in all the shortcut guides I can find.

Andrew

Ron Canazzi

I don't see a shortcut keystroke, but the operation is fairly simple.  Highlight the tree view of folders and right click and under the context menu there is a new item.  Click this and you will be prompted for a name and then tab to OK and press enter.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

AKH AKH

Hi Ron

Not sure how I right click, but I found it using F10.

Cheers

Andrew

On 05/03/2019 12:51, Ron Canazzi wrote:
I don't see a shortcut keystroke, but the operation is fairly simple.
Highlight the tree view of folders and right click and under the
context menu there is a new item.  Click this and you will be prompted
for a name and then tab to OK and press enter.

On 3/5/2019 7:43 AM, AKH AKH wrote:
Is there a shortcut  key press to create a new subfolder in TB? I've
looked in all the shortcut guides I can find.

Andrew

Ron Canazzi

You can also hit the key one position to the left of the right control key on a desktop computer.

On 3/5/2019 7:55 AM, AKH AKH wrote:
Hi Ron

Not sure how I right click, but I found it using F10.

Cheers

Andrew

On 05/03/2019 12:51, Ron Canazzi wrote:
I don't see a shortcut keystroke, but the operation is fairly simple.
Highlight the tree view of folders and right click and under the
context menu there is a new item.  Click this and you will be prompted
for a name and then tab to OK and press enter.

On 3/5/2019 7:43 AM, AKH AKH wrote:
Is there a shortcut  key press to create a new subfolder in TB? I've
looked in all the shortcut guides I can find.

Andrew

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Here is a discussion of information pertaining to the current discussion.  it presents some important information many people don't know or don't know in an organized, detailed manner.

F10 by itself duplicates what the alt command does in terms of moving focus to the menu bar.  Shift f10 does the rough equivalent of a right click and opens a context menu if there is one to open where you are.  The menu that opens doesn't always have all the commands that using the context menu key does, which is to the left of the right control on standard desktop keyboards.

Shift context menu key may open a context menu with more items than just pressing the context menu key.

It is important to know how to do the equivalent of right click from the keyboard.  At times, you find commands you don't find elsewhere and often, commands are conveniently placed in one menu that are more scattered in the full menus.  Also, in ribbon programs, the context menu may offer a faster and more convenient way to get to some commands than using the ribbon.
Gene

--

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 09:51 AM, Gene wrote:
Shift f10 does the rough equivalent of a right click and opens a context menu if there is one to open where you are.  The menu that opens doesn't always have all the commands that using the context menu key does, which is to the left of the right control on standard desktop keyboards.
This is entirely dependent on whether an applications/menu key is actually available on the machine's keyboard or not, which Windows knows about.

If it is, and if there is an Extended Context Menu in addition to the Standard Context Menu, then the applications/menu key will bring up the former while SHIFT+F10 will bring up the latter.

If there is but a single Standard Context Menu both keys will bring that up.

If there is an Extended and Standard Context Menu, but the machine does not have an applications/menu key, then SHIFT+F10 defaults to the Extended Context Menu, as there is no other way to get to it.

A true right click, in my experience, brings up the Extended Context Menu if such exists, which is why I recommend that laptop users not disable their mousepads, but instead cover the part that would cause the mouse to move.   There are significant advantages to having direct access to a true left click and right click rather than emulated ones.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Brice Mijares

Tab to the list of folders. If you want to create a folder at the same level as Inbox, Sent etc then arrow up or down to the name of your e-mail account then right clik and find new folder. If you want to create a subfolder for example in the Inbox then right clik at Inbox and find new subfolder.

On 3/5/2019 4:43 AM, AKH AKH wrote:
Is there a shortcut  key press to create a new subfolder in TB? I've
looked in all the shortcut guides I can find.
Andrew

Curtis Delzer

no, go to the parent of the folder you wish to create a child of, (your name account for example), and press alt-f, n for "new" and "f" for folder.