Topics

trying to sync albums to iPod Shuffle from iTunes using NVDA

Clarissa Mitchell

Hello all. I'm trying to sync my iPod shuffle, and I'm running into a
little problem. I want to sync particular albums. I can choose artists
from my library just fine, but it syncs their entire collection I have
in my library, including Christmas albums, which I don't want on my
iPod in March! But when I go to the list of albums and try to select
the ones I want, I get nothing. NVDA says absolutely nothing. I've
tried this with a demo version of JAWS 2019 and got the same result:
absolutely nothing. The only other list where this happens is genres.
The lists of artists and playlists read fine. This makes me think
something needs to be configured in my iTunes. The only other way I
can think to do this would be to create a new playlist, add all the
albums to it and just sync the one playlist. That might work, since
the playlists are being read. By the way, I am running the latest
version of iTunes, on the latest Windows 10. Can anyone help with
this?

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

If its any consolation to you. I just installee Itunes as I bought an I phone and am not getting far with trying to find my way around it. All I will say is that navigating in it is just like on the I Phone not windows standard, but occasionally when I use it with nvda it will just crash the computer.
I used to hate it before, but had hoped that they might have made it more intuitive. So if any Itunes gurus who use nvda are out there, we are all ears.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

  1. Add your music by either pressing control o and finding the music and entering on it. Or open the file menu and press d to open a folder. You highlight the folder and then tab and enter on select
  2. When you have added all of your songs tab to your device and enter
  3. Tab to summary treeview and press m for music
  4. Tab once and be sure that music is checked
  5. Tab to sync/apply and enter

It should play a tone wen done.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

> Hello all. I'm trying to sync my iPod shuffle, and I'm running into a

> little problem. I want to sync particular albums. I can choose artists

> from my library just fine, but it syncs their entire collection I have

> in my library, including Christmas albums, which I don't want on my

> iPod in March! But when I go to the list of albums and try to select

> the ones I want, I get nothing. NVDA says absolutely nothing. I've

> tried this with a demo version of JAWS 2019 and got the same result:

> absolutely nothing. The only other list where this happens is genres.

> The lists of artists and playlists read fine. This makes me think

> something needs to be configured in my iTunes. The only other way I

> can think to do this would be to create a new playlist, add all the

> albums to it and just sync the one playlist. That might work, since

> the playlists are being read. By the way, I am running the latest

> version of iTunes, on the latest Windows 10. Can anyone help with

> this?

Clarissa Mitchell

That is essentially what I did. I added all the music in the "Music"
folder to the iTunes library. However, I want to sync only particular
albums, and it's not letting me do that. I checked the box that says
"only sync checked songs," and then I tab to the different lists, each
containing the names of artists, albums, playlists etc. I press down
arrow to get to one I want, and press space to select it. When I tab
to the list of albums, I press the arrow keys and nothing happens.
This is my problem. I can sync other things, like artists, just fine.
But I only want specific albums by those artists, not all their
albums.

On 3/7/19, Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@...> wrote:
[...]

Clare Page <clare.page@...>

Hi!
I have found that the best way to add individual albums to my iTunes library is to use the Add Folder To Library option in the file menu of iTunes: the keystroke is alt+f, then d, then you should browse to the album, press Enter on it, and then press Spacebar on the Select Folder button. That always works for me, and it should for you if your albums are each in a separate folder on your computer or wherever else you saved them to. I hope this helps!
Bye for now!
From Clare

[...]

Wouldn’t it be just as easy to only add what you need at that time to iTunes. If you want to switch to something else you can export that set, delete that playlist and add another one.