nvda on and off short cut.

DAVID <davidlacaille2@...>

Hi all.

Can someone tell me what is the shortcut to turn on and off nvda from the computer?

hi.
altControlN for restarting nvda and nvdaQ for turning off.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Brian's Mail list account

Unless you just want to suppress speaking of course, which still leaves the program running, just not talking.
Another way if you want to stop it for specific programs is to use a profile and turn the speech off when that program is running. Of course if it accesses, say Explorer it will start to speak when it does so, this can be handy or a menace depending on what you are trying to achieve.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Can someone tell me what is the shortcut to turn on and off nvda from the
computer?

Gene

What do you mean by turn on and off.  Do you mean stop and start speech while the program continues to run?  Do you mean put the program to sleep so it isn't running while you are using a specific application or do you mean unload NVDA and then run it again when you want to run the program?

Can someone tell me what is the shortcut to turn on and off nvda from the computer?

DAVID <davidlacaille2@...>

Hi thanks got it.

altControlN for restarting nvda and nvdaQ for turning off.

On 3/9/19, DAVID <davidlacaille2@...> wrote:
Hi all.

Can someone tell me what is the shortcut to turn on and off nvda from the
computer?

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

DAVID <davidlacaille2@...>

Hi and how do you do that.

Can someone tell me what is the shortcut to turn on and off nvda from the
computer?

DAVID <davidlacaille2@...>

Hi someone told me what to do on the list so thanks.