what is bouncing nvda group

ADRIAN POCOCK

Hi Brian and all.

Thanks for the advice.

I think it has now been resolved.

In outlook.com on the web you have to hit settings.

Scroll down to hit more settings.

type safe.

This presents options relating to blocked, safe and newsgroup domains.

Add nvda@nvda.groups.io to both safe domain and newsgroups, when you have entered this in the field type enter key after and after you complete changes press save or discard and that is it.

Whilst your there have a look at what has and has not been blocked just in case any other group address is in the blocked list.

Regards Adrian.

On 09/03/2019 19:26, Brian Vogel wrote:
Your email service provider is what bounces Groups.io e-mail messages, and if using the "unbounce request" doesn't resolve it, then you need to contact your email service provider and ask them to whitelist any domain that ends in groups.io.

I recently posted about issues with Earthlink blocking Groups.io messages as spam.

If customers complain, and make it clear that Groups.io is a subscription e-mail list service, these issues with blocking/bouncing are likely to get resolved both more rapidly and more permanently.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Well yes I guess that would work, but in my case I have such a lot of rules and groups on this account, changing it all is just too much. I occasionally do contact my isp, but they never seem to actually reply though sometimes well most times they fix the blacklist in a week or so. I'm suspecting it is almost an automatic process, and it gets re enabled after some time has elapsed.
Many isps will not engage with users about how they bounce or spam mark emails, as they say its going to put information into the hands of people who might reveal it to the spammer.

This is also why sometimes messages arrive out of sequence as they seem to have some kind of delay on some emails.
Thorny problem and one I suspect will be with us forever on and off.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

I wonder if the problem is more complicated or perhaps I should say, more difficult to resolve. Some messages must be getting to the list and from the list because the person has been participating in threads. So I wonder if there is a technical difficulty that will be difficult to figure out. Perhaps the problem will resolve itself over time.

Of course, there is no reason not to contact the provider but I wonder if it would be better to get a GMail Account and use it for Groups.io mail. Off and on, a message from a list ends up in spam but not often and I haven't had a bouncing problem since I started using GMail for Groups.io mail many months ago.

Your email service provider is what bounces Groups.io e-mail messages, and if using the "unbounce request" doesn't resolve it, then you need to contact your email service provider and ask them to whitelist any domain that ends in groups.io.

I recently posted about issues with Earthlink blocking Groups.io messages as spam.

If customers complain, and make it clear that Groups.io is a subscription e-mail list service, these issues with blocking/bouncing are likely to get resolved both more rapidly and more permanently.

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

ADRIAN POCOCK

Hi Thank you for your help.

I have added nvda to safe senders list so hope that does it.

Regards Adrian.

Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2019 1:26 PM

[...]

When I went online to nvda group it says my account is bouncing, what is this.  I clicked button to unbounce, but it still gives me the message.

Regards Adrian.