can't select list item in schrome with nvda 2019.1 beta

Alexandre Alves Toco

Hello!

The link below opens a google form.

It is in portuguese. In the first step you have to fill the e-mail and tab to the “próximo button”.

The second step opens a list and the user is required to select one item.

In nvda 2018.4.1., the focused item is selected by default.

Nvda 2019.1 beta says that the item is unselected. I tried to press spacebar to select the item but schrome closed.

I also tried to join the mouse to the navigator object and click it. But it didn’t work eather.

https://sites.google.com/site/secretariapiloto188cvv/diarioplantao

Enviado do Email para Windows 10

Alexandre,
I'm not quite understanding what it's about.
I mean, I went to the site, filled in the form with my email, alright, nothing wrong, weird or whatever at this point.
However it's after this step that things become odd. After activating the "próxima" button, I find myself into a page with a few links, a edit field and a submenu (or so NVDA calls it).
Well I just don't know what to do at this point.
Have you ever tried this site with another browser to see if there is any different behavior other than this one?

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 10/03/2019 06:58, Alexandre Alves Toco escreveu:

Hello!

The link below opens a google form.

It is in portuguese. In the first step you have to fill the e-mail and tab to the “próximo button”.

The second step opens a list and the user is required to select one item.

In nvda 2018.4.1., the focused item is selected by default.

Nvda 2019.1 beta says that the item is unselected. I tried to press spacebar to select the item but schrome closed.

I also tried to join the mouse to the navigator object and click it. But it didn’t work eather.

https://sites.google.com/site/secretariapiloto188cvv/diarioplantao

Enviado do Email para Windows 10

Adriani Botez

Hello,

I think there seems to be a bug indeed. Thanks for reporting. I have done folowing:

  1. Accessed the link and typed my e-mail address
  2. Right next to back button there is a list where we should choose an item, I tried to choose an item.

Actual: in Firefox it works only when pressing nvda+space to activate focus mode manually, then press tab once or twice to land on the list, then oyu can use up and down arrow to choose.

In crhome the browser crashes and NVDA shows several errors in the log file.

Expected:

NVDA should atuomatically switch to focus mode when pressing enter on the list and with lat+down arrow we should be able to expand the list and to choose an item.

In Chrome the application should not crash

I will open two issues on github accordingly.

Best

Adriani