Topics

Finally, got an alt tab breaking log, I think

Sarah k Alawami

Well, alt tab broke so got the log right when it happened and restarted nvda . I was trying to write this on windows but thunder bird lagged so badly I could not write the email.

Anyway here is a link to the log file.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AOtt0hSM2KdVjyQ

I hope that helps someone. It happened at about 9 something pdt this morning.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

That link wants a log in, you should use dropbox its less annoying.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Well, alt tab broke so got the log right when it happened and restarted
nvda . I was trying to write this on windows but thunder bird lagged
so badly I could not write the email.

Anyway here is a link to the log file.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AOtt0hSM2KdVjyQ

I hope that helps someone. It happened at about 9 something pdt this
morning.

Sarah k Alawami

did, every time I dl from 1drive I don't need to. Bu for thsoe that don't want 1drive try this link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gzeohygmhepchrv/alt%20tab%20nvda%20log.rtf?dl=1

On 12 Mar 2019, at 11:18, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:

That link wants a log in, you should use dropbox its less annoying.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarah k Alawami" <marrie12@...>
Well, alt tab broke so got the log right when it happened and restarted
nvda . I was trying to write this on windows but thunder bird lagged
so badly I could not write the email.

Anyway here is a link to the log file.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AOtt0hSM2KdVjyQ

I hope that helps someone. It happened at about 9 something pdt this
morning.

Jackie

Looks like it's a fault in the audio themes addon. Are you running
that, Sarah? If so, could you please try disabling it to see if the
problem continues?

<marrie12@gmail.com>
Well, alt tab broke so got the log right when it happened and
restarted
nvda . I was trying to write this on windows but thunder bird
lagged
so badly I could not write the email.

Anyway here is a link to the log file.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AOtt0hSM2KdVjyQ

I hope that helps someone. It happened at about 9 something pdt this
morning.

Sarah k Alawami

Sure. I can try that. I can't remember of when I first started noticing the issue if the alt tab thing was happening or not but I can try that over the next few days.

Take care

On 12 Mar 2019, at 13:22, Jackie wrote:

[...]

Sarah, have you updated this addon recently? If not, that may be the
key to fixing this problem. It seems as though the log is flagging a
coding error/incompatibility, which I'm pretty sure will be fixed by
the addon's 3/24 update. Perhaps try that prior to disabling it. Then
you can have your addon & use it too, as it were :).

Please let us know how it goes. & if NVDA is acting squirrelly, this
might be something for other folks to check as well.

wrote:

That link wants a log in, you should use dropbox its less annoying.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarah k Alawami"
<marrie12@gmail.com>
Well, alt tab broke so got the log right when it happened and
restarted
nvda . I was trying to write this on windows but thunder bird
lagged
so badly I could not write the email.

Anyway here is a link to the log file.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AOtt0hSM2KdVjyQ

I hope that helps someone. It happened at about 9 something pdt
this
morning.

to:
wp4newbs-request@freelists.org with 'subscribe' in the Subject field
OR by
& check out my sites at www.brighter-vision.com &
www.mysitesbeenhacked.com

Sarah k Alawami

I didn't see it in the add on updater, and I was not even aware there was an update. I'll try that and see. I guess I go to the add ons page and look to see if ther was an update to the themes add on?

wp4newbs-request@... with 'subscribe' in the Subject field
OR by
& check out my sites at www.brighter-vision.com &
www.mysitesbeenhacked.com

Jackie

That's where I saw it.

wrote:

That link wants a log in, you should use dropbox its less
annoying.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarah k Alawami"
<marrie12@gmail.com>
Well, alt tab broke so got the log right when it happened and
restarted
nvda . I was trying to write this on windows but thunder bird
lagged
so badly I could not write the email.

Anyway here is a link to the log file.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AOtt0hSM2KdVjyQ

I hope that helps someone. It happened at about 9 something pdt
this
morning.

message
to:
wp4newbs-request@freelists.org with 'subscribe' in the Subject field
OR by
& check out my sites at www.brighter-vision.com &
www.mysitesbeenhacked.com

to:
wp4newbs-request@freelists.org with 'subscribe' in the Subject field
OR by
& check out my sites at www.brighter-vision.com &
www.mysitesbeenhacked.com

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Well, Although I do get warnings of deprecated parts of the add on there are no show stoppers as far as I can see. In your case it seems that the loop you are in is just that, a loop and nothing will stop it except a complete change of app, like your log debug screen or a reboot.

I think that all you can try is to make sure you have the latest nvda. I think there is a .1.1 version but if that makes any difference, I'm not sure. In my case I'm running the latest beta of 2019.1 and would hear an error if one occurred but I hear none.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Well, alt tab broke so got the log right when it happened and
restarted
nvda . I was trying to write this on windows but thunder bird
lagged
so badly I could not write the email.

Anyway here is a link to the log file.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AOtt0hSM2KdVjyQ

I hope that helps someone. It happened at about 9 something pdt this
morning.

Sarah k Alawami

Turned out I was using the latest update. It broke again last night, right almost when I did a restart of NVDA. I did redownload that version and yeah I am up to date.I have disabled the add on. So we'll see if it brakes anymore or not.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxfy13kwaj2621f/alt%20tab%20log%2002.rtf?dl=1

That's where I saw it.