Topics

getting a weird message when I try to read some messages in thunderbird

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, everyone,

I was trying to read some messages in thunderbird. Here's the message I get.

imap://knitqueen2007%40gmail%2Ecom@imap.gmail.com:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E249299How do I solve this? Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

I got a weird message just now about retrieving a message with a weird rfc id, close and reopen thunderbird and it will probably go away.

Hi, everyone,

I was trying to read some messages in thunderbird. Here's the message I get.

imap://knitqueen2007%40gmail%2Ecom@imap.gmail.com:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E249299How do I solve this? Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Richard Wells

Rose Marie: Don't worry about this message. It just means that Thunderbird is having a little trouble connecting to either imap or through your network. It will sort itself out. I see this from time to time and it goes away by itself without any intervention.

Hi, everyone,

I was trying to read some messages in thunderbird. Here's the message I get.

imap://knitqueen2007%40gmail%2Ecom@imap.gmail.com:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E249299How do I solve this? Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Ok.

On 3/12/2019 9:25 PM, Richard Wells wrote:
Rose Marie: Don't worry about this message. It just means that Thunderbird is having a little trouble connecting to either imap or through your network. It will sort itself out. I see this from time to time and it goes away by itself without any intervention.

Hi, everyone,

I was trying to read some messages in thunderbird. Here's the message I get.

imap://knitqueen2007%40gmail%2Ecom@imap.gmail.com:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E249299How do I solve this? Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Richard Wells

By the way, the most common cause is when you have a large message, such as one with an attachment coming in.

Ok.

On 3/12/2019 9:25 PM, Richard Wells wrote:
Rose Marie: Don't worry about this message. It just means that Thunderbird is having a little trouble connecting to either imap or through your network. It will sort itself out. I see this from time to time and it goes away by itself without any intervention.

Hi, everyone,

I was trying to read some messages in thunderbird. Here's the message I get.

imap://knitqueen2007%40gmail%2Ecom@imap.gmail.com:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E249299How do I solve this? Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

But those weren't large messages.

On 3/12/2019 9:36 PM, Richard Wells wrote:
By the way, the most common cause is when you have a large message, such as one with an attachment coming in.

Ok.

On 3/12/2019 9:25 PM, Richard Wells wrote:
Rose Marie: Don't worry about this message. It just means that Thunderbird is having a little trouble connecting to either imap or through your network. It will sort itself out. I see this from time to time and it goes away by itself without any intervention.

Hi, everyone,

I was trying to read some messages in thunderbird. Here's the message I get.

imap://knitqueen2007%40gmail%2Ecom@imap.gmail.com:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E249299How do I solve this? Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

I have had malformed messages which thunderbird just can't decode.

The good news is that thunderbird 60.x quantom will read messages as they originally are.

So if they are text they are text.

If they were html, I will get the html with headings etc.

With all the newsletters I have thats actually helpfull unless its malformed and disgusting some stuff is.

On 13/03/2019 5:36 PM, Richard Wells wrote:
By the way, the most common cause is when you have a large message, such as one with an attachment coming in.

Ok.

On 3/12/2019 9:25 PM, Richard Wells wrote:
Rose Marie: Don't worry about this message. It just means that Thunderbird is having a little trouble connecting to either imap or through your network. It will sort itself out. I see this from time to time and it goes away by itself without any intervention.

Hi, everyone,

I was trying to read some messages in thunderbird. Here's the message I get.

imap://knitqueen2007%40gmail%2Ecom@imap.gmail.com:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E249299How do I solve this? Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes Outlook Express and Outlook both used to put up strange messages if a folder or message did not seem to be correct. I guess the error checking or the time outs tend to confuse the routines used by the imap collection system in email software.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Rose Marie: Don't worry about this message. It just means that Thunderbird is having a little trouble connecting to either imap or through your network. It will sort itself out. I see this from time to time and it goes away by itself without any intervention.

Hi, everyone,

I was trying to read some messages in thunderbird. Here's the message I get.

imap://knitqueen2007%40gmail%2Ecom@imap.gmail.com:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E249299How do I solve this? Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes you get a pause then it times out, but the receiving bit seems oblivious to this issue and tries to tell you it malformed or something like that.
[...]

Kevin Cussick

some times this can happen read in plain text or hit escape and open it again.

Hi, everyone,
I was trying to read some messages in thunderbird. Here's the message I get.
imap://knitqueen2007%40gmail%2Ecom@imap.gmail.com:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E249299How do I solve this? Thanks for your help in advance.
Rosemarie

Brian Moore

close it and open it again.  Typically, this is when the message hasn't downloaded from the imap server.  If connection is slow or the server is stuck or something, this will happen.

On 3/13/2019 5:06 PM, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io wrote:
some times this can happen read in plain text or hit escape and open it again.

Hi, everyone,

I was trying to read some messages in thunderbird. Here's the message I get.

imap://knitqueen2007%40gmail%2Ecom@imap.gmail.com:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E249299How do I solve this? Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Kevin Cussick

I just more or less said the same thing.

On 3/13/2019 9:41 PM, Brian Moore wrote:
close it and open it again.  Typically, this is when the message hasn't downloaded from the imap server.  If connection is slow or the server is stuck or something, this will happen.
On 3/13/2019 5:06 PM, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io wrote:
some times this can happen read in plain text or hit escape and open it again.

Hi, everyone,

I was trying to read some messages in thunderbird. Here's the message I get.

imap://knitqueen2007%40gmail%2Ecom@imap.gmail.com:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E249299How do I solve this? Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

I decided to switch to the mail app because it’s not sluggish. So-far it’s working great for me.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

close it and open it again.  Typically, this is when the message hasn't

downloaded from the imap server.  If connection is slow or the server is

stuck or something, this will happen.

On 3/13/2019 5:06 PM, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io wrote:

> some times this can happen read in plain text or hit escape and open

> it again.

> On 3/13/2019 4:17 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

>> Hi, everyone,

>> I was trying to read some messages in thunderbird. Here's the message

>> I get.

>> imap://knitqueen2007%40gmail%2Ecom@...:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E249299How

>> do I solve this? Thanks for your help in advance.

>> Rosemarie

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

Hurray! I have been using the mail app for over a year now. My only hope is that someone discovers a way to create a hot key to jump me to the list of accounts, I have five, and back to the list of emails.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I decided to switch to the mail app because it’s not sluggish. So-far it’s working great for me.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

close it and open it again.  Typically, this is when the message hasn't

downloaded from the imap server.  If connection is slow or the server is

stuck or something, this will happen.

On 3/13/2019 5:06 PM, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io wrote:

> some times this can happen read in plain text or hit escape and open

> it again.

> On 3/13/2019 4:17 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

>> Hi, everyone,

>> I was trying to read some messages in thunderbird. Here's the message

>> I get.

>> imap://knitqueen2007%40gmail%2Ecom@...:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E249299How

>> do I solve this? Thanks for your help in advance.

>> Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

It would be neat if you could filter messages in the mail app like you can in other programs but maybe one day it’ll happen. I’m really happy with the mail app so-far.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hurray! I have been using the mail app for over a year now. My only hope is that someone discovers a way to create a hot key to jump me to the list of accounts, I have five, and back to the list of emails.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I decided to switch to the mail app because it’s not sluggish. So-far it’s working great for me.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

close it and open it again.  Typically, this is when the message hasn't

downloaded from the imap server.  If connection is slow or the server is

stuck or something, this will happen.

On 3/13/2019 5:06 PM, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io wrote:

> some times this can happen read in plain text or hit escape and open

> it again.

> On 3/13/2019 4:17 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

>> Hi, everyone,

>> I was trying to read some messages in thunderbird. Here's the message

>> I get.

>> imap://knitqueen2007%40gmail%2Ecom@...:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E249299How

>> do I solve this? Thanks for your help in advance.

>> Rosemarie

Curtis Delzer

if you find that answer, pass it along. :) or, don't bo-gart that joint, :) pass it over ta me. :)

(couldn't help myself.)

--

Curtis Delzer
HS