Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2019 6:43 PM
Subject: [nvda] Why does NVDA say torado instead of tornado?

Hi, why does NVDA say to Rado when the word tornado is capitalized but tornado when it is not?

Sile

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

I haven't noticed this behavior on NVDA, but the iPhone does this all the time, and it irritates the hell out of me.

On 3/14/2019 7:43 PM, Sile via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi, why does NVDA say to Rado when the word tornado is capitalized but tornado when it is not?

Sile

I don't know how it may vary by synth, but even lowercase 'nvda' is not pronounced letter by letter like uppercase is.  I've tweaked that via default dictionary to avoid being driven around the bend.

At least the computer-based screen readers all (though I haven't yet played "under the hood" with Narrator) give a pretty direct mechanism to fix what needs fixing whether generally or for a specific synth.   I've done no deep diving on smartphone based screen reader configuration.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Mallard

Could it be Vocalizer? I must try that...

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 15/03/2019 03:40, Travis Siegel ha scritto:
I haven't noticed this behavior on NVDA, but the iPhone does this all the time, and it irritates the hell out of me.

On 3/14/2019 7:43 PM, Sile via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi, why does NVDA say to Rado when the word tornado is capitalized but tornado when it is not?

Sile

P. Otter

yes it's your synthesizer.
vocalizer has more such a things also in dutch
sometimes even really hilarious
mvg
paul otter

Op 15-3-2019 om 09:38 schreef Mallard:

Could it be Vocalizer? I must try that...

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 15/03/2019 03:40, Travis Siegel ha scritto:
I haven't noticed this behavior on NVDA, but the iPhone does this all the time, and it irritates the hell out of me.

On 3/14/2019 7:43 PM, Sile via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi, why does NVDA say to Rado when the word tornado is capitalized but tornado when it is not?

Sile

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

If you want to have a laugh try odd random capitals in words generally. It does very much depend on the synth used of course, some cannot even get my first name right and say Bree anne
This is why the system provides for custom synth dictionaries.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-