added the Ribbon tutorial to our wiki.

Below is the topic link. I gave Brian credit and added some more headings, but still gotta fix the lists though. I'm not sharing the wiki page link again because that is in my first message in the archive. The archive link is below.

https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/topic/added_the_ribbon_tutorial_to/30453673?p=,,,100,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,100,2,0,30453673

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 09:20 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Just what is the link to the ribbon tutorial that everyone is praising?
Ron,

         This tip is not only for you, but for anyone who is reading.  If you routinely delete messages after reading them it's very likely that the one you're looking for is in your Trash folder if you search it, at least if what you're looking for occurred within the last month.   If it's not, though, at the bottom of each and every message (or message in digest) sent out by groups.io is a link that either has the label View/Reply Online followed by the link to the message in the archive, or an actual click through link with the text View/Reply Online followed by the topic number.  If you click through on that you'll be taken to the message in the archive.  If that message is part of a multi-message back and forth, there will be a link at the bottom of the page that reads, "View all X messages in topic," where X is the actual number.  If you click on that you'll get the page with the entire topic from beginning to end.  It makes it very easy to backtrack when you need to.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I'm very late on this topic.  Just what is the link to the ribbon tutorial that everyone is praising?

Thanks for any help.

On 3/17/2019 9:12 AM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:

Good job on the Ribbon tutorial Robert.  I learnt to handle Ribbons better after going through your short course.  Thanks for your good work.

On 3/17/2019 8:39 PM, Robert Kingett wrote:

I added a link to the downloadable version. If anybody else has anything like this, I'd encourage you all to add it to the wiki as a new page or sub-page because, after all, having to share one HTML link is a lot easier, and, it will never be lost. Plus, anybody can make changes to pages as they wish if they see a correction.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

Good job on the Ribbon tutorial Robert.  I learnt to handle Ribbons better after going through your short course.  Thanks for your good work.

On 3/17/2019 8:39 PM, Robert Kingett wrote:

I added a link to the downloadable version. If anybody else has anything like this, I'd encourage you all to add it to the wiki as a new page or sub-page because, after all, having to share one HTML link is a lot easier, and, it will never be lost. Plus, anybody can make changes to pages as they wish if they see a correction.

I added a link to the downloadable version. If anybody else has anything like this, I'd encourage you all to add it to the wiki as a new page or sub-page because, after all, having to share one HTML link is a lot easier, and, it will never be lost. Plus, anybody can make changes to pages as they wish if they see a correction.

Robert,

              That's mine, and I would appreciate attribution, but I do not care where this information is shared otherwise.  I write these for the purpose of getting that information spread as widely as possible.

               The original it came from is on my Google Drive:  Using the Ribbon Interface in Windows via the Keyboard

               Since everything covered in that document is based upon Windows keyboard shortcuts and navigation techniques there's nothing specific to any one screen reader involved.  The information is accurate regardless of whether you use NVDA or some other screen reader.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

I'm not sure who posted it, can you send me a link to your website or whatever so I can credit you? I've added it to the NVDA guides wiki. The link is below, so feel free to make changes or delete it as you wish.

https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda-community/wiki/Using-the-Ribbon-with-NVDAListTagged(UserArticles)