Learning page number in MS Word

Jeff Samco

I know that NVDA plus NumPad end key  will give the position of the cursor on the current page in Word. But, in a multiple-page document is there a way to know which page one is editing?
TIA,
Jeff

Abbie Taylor

Press NVDA plus End to read the status bar. NVDA will not only tell you what page you're on but read other information about the document. Hope that helps.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

enes sarıbaş

I was told by sighted that normally page number does not exist in word documents, and that you are required to add them.
On 3/17/2019 6:05 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:

Press NVDA plus End to read the status bar. NVDA will not only tell you what page you're on but read other information about the document. Hope that helps.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
abbietaylor945@...

Monte Single

I have not tried numbering  pages in a m s word doc recently.  As I recall,  if there was a doc without page numbers,  you first had to select the text you want  page numbered, insert page breaks and then insert page numbers.

Page numbers were not added, by default, as the document was created.

I was told by sighted that normally page number does not exist in word documents, and that you are required to add them.

On 3/17/2019 6:05 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:

Press NVDA plus End to read the status bar. NVDA will not only tell you what page you're on but read other information about the document. Hope that helps.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
abbietaylor945@...

Abbie Taylor

You don't need to number pages in Word in order for NVDA to read them. As you read through a document, you'll automatically hear the page numbers when navigating to the next page, whether you're using the Say All command or reading by line, paragraph, sentence, or other elements. As I said earlier, if you need to know what page you're on, simply press NVDA plus Home to read the status bar.