weather plus addon

Don H

I really appreciate all the effort that went into bring the weather plus addon back.  Only issue I am having is that the information it shows is randomly wrong.  Examples are wind speeds, visibility, and rainfall are wrong.

Ron Canazzi

Hi Don,

I have seen this as well.  A couple of days ago, my wind speed was 88 MPH when the real  speed was 8 MPH.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Richard Wells

Yeah, I got wind speed out of the north-east at 88 miles per hour a couple days ago. It was totally calm outside. I don't think this is the fault of the add-on; it is most likely the data it is receiving which cannot be controlled by the author.

On 3/18/2019 8:34 AM, Don H wrote:
I really appreciate all the effort that went into bring the weather plus addon back.  Only issue I am having is that the information it shows is randomly wrong.  Examples are wind speeds, visibility, and rainfall are wrong.

Don H

I wonder if it is a simple case of decimal points being missed.

On 3/18/2019 8:34 AM, Don H wrote:
I really appreciate all the effort that went into bring the weather plus addon back.  Only issue I am having is that the information it shows is randomly wrong. Examples are wind speeds, visibility, and rainfall are wrong.

David Moore

Hi!

I tried the weather plus add-on again today, and it says that the temperatures are much higher than they really are.

For example, in Columbus, it says the temp is 93 degrees.

All of the information is wrong for every city I check around the world.

I did everything correctly, changing everything to the knew API.

Is anyone having trouble in the United States with this?

Is anyone using the add-on in the united states who can tell me how the information for every city is being given to them?

Have a great one, guys, and thanks for what you are doing!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I wonder if it is a simple case of decimal points being missed.

On 3/18/2019 9:05 AM, Richard Wells wrote:

> Yeah, I got wind speed out of the north-east at 88 miles per hour a

> couple days ago. It was totally calm outside. I don't think this is

> the fault of the add-on; it is most likely the data it is receiving

> which cannot be controlled by the author.

> On 3/18/2019 8:34 AM, Don H wrote:

>> I really appreciate all the effort that went into bring the weather

>> plus addon back.  Only issue I am having is that the information it

>> shows is randomly wrong. Examples are wind speeds, visibility, and

>> rainfall are wrong.

Ron Canazzi

Hi David,

I have seen this also.  It is usually rare that the statistics are so far off, but I did see it.  I am wondering: when I first installed the add on a week or so ago and when I added new cities, I did not at first delete the old ones that were incompatible with the new Apixu format.  This is when I had loads of trouble.  I don't know if this inaccuracy is related, but when I went through my list and painstakingly tested and then removed all the non functional city references, statistics got near normal again.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

David Moore

Thank you so very much!

I will try that.

I did not delete my old cities before adding the new ones.

That is probably it.

Thank you so much!