Off Topic: Requests to join Linked In networks from list members

Sharni-Lee Ward

I don't usually send off-topic posts to the list and I apologise, but
two people from this list, Volly Nelson and Alex Stone, have sent me
requests to join their network on Linkedin, and I don't have an account
with said site and no reason to make one. I don't understand why I'm
receiving these emails but I would like them to stop.

Antony Stone

I think it would be more appropriate to email these people individually rather
than saying this sort of thing on a public list.

Antony.

--
Schrödinger's rule of data integrity: the condition of any backup is unknown
until a restore is attempted.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Gene

Ignore it.  I get such invitations from time to time.  Linked In may do something like look at a new member's address book when they subscribe.  Or if they don't, and the person has asked you to join, just ignore it.  All it means is that they got your address from your list mail and asked you to join.  they may not even know it is occurring if Linked In does this with new members.  The Internet world is full of such nonsense.  Just ignore all such messages.  Don't respond in any way.  It's a waste of time.

Gene
I don't usually send off-topic posts to the list and I apologise, but
two people from this list, Volly Nelson and Alex Stone, have sent me
requests to join their network on Linkedin, and I don't have an account
with said site and no reason to make one. I don't understand why I'm
receiving these emails but I would like them to stop.

Arlene

Hi, I got those too. But I just hit the delete key.  I have no reason to join linked in.  Some time ago I got two people wanting me to join their linked in. But I just ignored it.

[...]

Rosemarie Chavarria

I delete messages likethat too. I have no interest in joining linked-in or any other social n

etwork.

On 11/7/2016 1:21 PM, Arlene wrote:

[...]

Just delete them when they come. Pretty soon they'll get the message that you're not interested.

On 11/7/2016 12:36 PM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
I don't usually send off-topic posts to the list and I apologise, but
two people from this list, Volly Nelson and Alex Stone, have sent me
requests to join their network on Linkedin, and I don't have an account
with said site and no reason to make one. I don't understand why I'm
receiving these emails but I would like them to stop.

Those are automatic messages there are optout links at the end of those to stop them.
Also These social networks send out messages about people you know and auto send requests so do spam networks.

On 8/11/2016 11:17 a.m., Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Just delete them when they come. Pretty soon they'll get the message
that you're not interested.

On 11/7/2016 12:36 PM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
I don't usually send off-topic posts to the list and I apologise, but
two people from this list, Volly Nelson and Alex Stone, have sent me
requests to join their network on Linkedin, and I don't have an account
with said site and no reason to make one. I don't understand why I'm
receiving these emails but I would like them to stop.

Arlene

Yes, I got a few. They soon stopped.   I don’t get them anymore.

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I have blocked those addresses. I treat these as spam as most probably are just that and fake in any case.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

[...]

I have investigated these and some from Twitter as well, and on looking at headers they seem to not be from where they say they are. In fact i suspect some bot has harvested some names and email addresses and has used them to create these messages. Because
I have not tried any links incase they are infected fake web sites. I have blocked the name linked in in all its guises.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I don't usually send off-topic posts to the list and I apologise, but
two people from this list, Volly Nelson and Alex Stone, have sent me
requests to join their network on Linkedin, and I don't have an account
with said site and no reason to make one. I don't understand why I'm
receiving these emails but I would like them to stop.

enes sarıbaş

hi,

linkedin automaticly sends out these messages. I assure you that these people probably did not send these out on purpose.

On 11/7/2016 11:36 PM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
I don't usually send off-topic posts to the list and I apologise, but
two people from this list, Volly Nelson and Alex Stone, have sent me
requests to join their network on Linkedin, and I don't have an account
with said site and no reason to make one. I don't understand why I'm
receiving these emails but I would like them to stop.

Sharni-Lee Ward

The only reason I took it seriously was because I recognised the names.
I thought those people had intentionally sent them to me. I'll ignore
them in future and hopefully they'll just go away...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Arlene" <nedster66@gmail.com>
Yes, I got a few. They soon stopped. I don’t get them anymore.

I don't usually send off-topic posts to the list and I apologise, but
two people from this list, Volly Nelson and Alex Stone, have sent me
requests to join their network on Linkedin, and I don't have an account
with said site and no reason to make one. I don't understand why I'm
receiving these emails but I would like them to stop.

Arlene

They will go away. I got them too. Some time ago.

Yes, I got a few. They soon stopped. I don’t get them anymore.

I don't usually send off-topic posts to the list and I apologise, but
two people from this list, Volly Nelson and Alex Stone, have sent me
requests to join their network on Linkedin, and I don't have an account
with said site and no reason to make one. I don't understand why I'm
receiving these emails but I would like them to stop.

I had a look at this.
All reviews point it to being a good program, if you go to that website and use it, quite advanced as it says on the package.
Its probably malware though that doesn't mean you shouldn't looky at it if you want.