Video converting software that works with windows 10 and NVDA

Armando Maldonado

Hello, as I'm about to take a trip soon, I was wondering of the following. Has anyone here tried any video editing software that would work well with NVDA and Windows 10? Any suggestions would very much be appreciated.
Best,
Armando

Dan Beaver

I use FreemakeVC.  It will convert a boat load of video formats.  It will also rip and burn videos.

There is a free version which runs a little slower and a paid version which runs faster and which allows a few more features.  I have used both and only purchased the paid version for the increased speed. It wasn't bad on the free version but I was ripping our video library and decided the increased speed was worth it. We have over 600 movies we have collected over the years.

Hope this helps.

Dan Beaver

--
Dan Beaver (KC4DOY)

Armando Maldonado

Thanks, what I actually meant was video editing software. But I will definitely keep this in mind. :)
Best, Armando

[...]

Oh, by the way, FreemakeVC tries to install additional software when it is installed. Make sure you uncheck these items.

Dan Beaver

On 3/20/2019 4:29 PM, Dan Beaver via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

Manoj Govindraj <manmusical9@...>

Hi Armando,
You can try virtual dub. It is very accessible with NVDA and works on windows 10 as I have briefly used it. The only issue with that is it does not have a built-in MP4 converter which you will need to manually import by downloading a particular MP4 converter. I am stuck exactly at this point where I am not able to figure out how to manually import the external MP4 converter into virtual dub. Something well worth researching for all of us.
Cheers
Manoj

On Mar 20, 2019, at 4:29 PM, Dan Beaver <dbeaver888@...> wrote:

[...]

Sarah k Alawami

Use reaper to edit the videos. I use it for editing much more but I also edit my videos that way.

Take care

On 20 Mar 2019, at 13:32, Dan Beaver wrote:

[...]

I should also add that it was why I switched to payed for software which I mostly don't even use.

I found some more free software to do what I need as well as what I have.

The issue with stuff like dvdstudio and freemake is they will happily load extras and sometimes those boxes are not accessible.

From experience even if you uninstall said software later the system still has issues.

Even if you then restore the system and run a malware scan there may be issues.

If you do load unwanted stuff you will have to reformat to make it go away.

After falling once to many for this and that and having to reformat to get rid of it I made the decission to get out of using the software and spent cash on something that actually isn't full of junkware.

Sadly accessibility while good has its moments and now I do what I need but still.