woman/person fassabumming

Kwork

Ok, I'm assuming it's some sort of emoji, but I'll read a symbol on the web using NVDA that says something that is pronounced as "woman fassabumming." In fact, here it is. 🤦 Oh, interesting, before copying, it was "woman fassabumming." Now it's "person fassabumming" after being copied and pasted. Anyway, what is this, and what is the proper pronunciation?

Travis

Jackie

"person face palming". It's an emoji of a person slapping themselves
in the face.

On 3/22/19, Kwork <istherelife@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok, I'm assuming it's some sort of emoji, but I'll read a symbol on the
web using NVDA that says something that is pronounced as "woman
fassabumming." In fact, here it is. 🤦 Oh, interesting, before copying,
it was "woman fassabumming." Now it's "person fassabumming" after being
copied and pasted. Anyway, what is this, and what is the proper
pronunciation?

Travis

Heaven only knows how "fassabumming" might have come about.

The emoji is, specifically, "woman facepalming,"   where the term facepalm is a single word made up of face and palm.

As a gesture of embarrassment or frustrated embarrassment, the wikipedia description is accurate:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facepalm

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

JM Casey

You got your answer.
This topic made me laugh for some reason.

I'm sure sometimes these lists cause a lot of facepalming.
:P

Ok, I'm assuming it's some sort of emoji, but I'll read a symbol on the web using NVDA that says something that is pronounced as "woman fassabumming." In fact, here it is. 🤦 Oh, interesting, before copying, it was "woman fassabumming." Now it's "person fassabumming" after being copied and pasted. Anyway, what is this, and what is the proper pronunciation?

Travis

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Oh how funny in Espeak I'd suggest what it actually sounded like is anatomically impossible!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Ok, I'm assuming it's some sort of emoji, but I'll read a symbol on the web using NVDA that says something that is pronounced as "woman fassabumming." In fact, here it is. 🤦 Oh, interesting, before copying, it was "woman fassabumming." Now it's "person fassabumming" after being copied and pasted. Anyway, what is this, and what is the proper pronunciation?

Travis

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Agree, I was just thinking of an alternative we should use. hand over face maybe?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

This topic made me laugh for some reason.

I'm sure sometimes these lists cause a lot of facepalming.
:P

Ok, I'm assuming it's some sort of emoji, but I'll read a symbol on the web using NVDA that says something that is pronounced as "woman fassabumming." In fact, here it is. 🤦 Oh, interesting, before copying, it was "woman fassabumming." Now it's "person fassabumming" after being copied and pasted. Anyway, what is this, and what is the proper pronunciation?

Travis

Sarah k Alawami

It is "woman facepalming."

Take care

On 22 Mar 2019, at 8:48, Kwork wrote:

Ok, I'm assuming it's some sort of emoji, but I'll read a symbol on the web using NVDA that says something that is pronounced as "woman fassabumming." In fact, here it is. 🤦 Oh, interesting, before copying, it was "woman fassabumming." Now it's "person fassabumming" after being copied and pasted. Anyway, what is this, and what is the proper pronunciation?

Travis

Sarah k Alawami

No, it's correct. I facepalm a lot. That is a term used here in the USA I believe. At least tha'ts the only plac i've heard it and I've trveled mostly everywhare. Lol!

On 22 Mar 2019, at 9:49, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:

Agree, I was just thinking of an alternative we should use. hand over face maybe?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-