From: AKH AKH
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2019 9:50 AM
Subject: [nvda] web browsers

I find NVDA works so well with Chrome, but I just can't get any links
in  E-mails to default to Chrome.  I've checked default settings in
Windows 10 and Chrome is the deafault, but the links default to The
Edge.  Any ideas, please.

Andrew

AKH AKH

Gene - Great advice, I managed to get the link and copy it in to Chrome and all was of course just fine.

Andrew

On 25/03/2019 15:11, Gene wrote:
I don't know if or what the solution might be.  A work around is to leave Chrome opened when you are looking at mail.  Depending on the e-mail program you are using, what you see in the context menu may have a different name.  But on a link in a message, open the context menu and see if there is something like copy address or copy link or copy link location.  Press enter on it and it will be copied to the clipboard.  then paste the link into the Chrome address bar and press enter.

If your e-mail program doesn't have that option, I don't think you can do this with whatever program you are using.

I find NVDA works so well with Chrome, but I just can't get any links
in  E-mails to default to Chrome.  I've checked default settings in
Windows 10 and Chrome is the deafault, but the links default to The
Edge.  Any ideas, please.

Andrew

Chris

The only way that would happen is that edge is your default browser

Check your default browser settings again

I find NVDA works so well with Chrome, but I just can't get any links

in  E-mails to default to Chrome.  I've checked default settings in

Windows 10 and Chrome is the deafault, but the links default to The

Edge.  Any ideas, please.

Andrew

Chris Mullins

Hi
When I look in Settings, Apps, Default apps I see the following:

Choose default applications
Email, Microsoft Office Outlook
Maps, Maps
Music player, VLC media player
Photo viewer, Photos
Video player, VLC media player
Web browser, Brave
Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults

When I trigger a link from within an Outlook message, the Brave browser is invoked. What do you see for the Email and Browser entries? Is there anything in the Email client software that invokes Edge rather than using the Windows default setting?

Cheers
Chris

I find NVDA works so well with Chrome, but I just can't get any links
in E-mails to default to Chrome. I've checked default settings in
Windows 10 and Chrome is the deafault, but the links default to The
Edge. Any ideas, please.

Andrew

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

go to settings in google chrome
press alt then down arrow to settings and press enter
use down arrow or H to default
then use down arrow again make google chrome default button and press enter
see if this works