NVDA 2019.1 available

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the slight delay in the announcement, and I see several of you have already posted about it, but yes, NV Access is pleased to announce that version 2019.1 of NVDA, the free screen reader for Microsoft Windows, has now been released.

Highlights of this release include performance improvements when accessing both Microsoft word and Excel, stability and security improvements such as support for add-ons with version compatibility information, and many other bug fixes.

In the release announcement at https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-1-now-available/ there is also important information about add-on compatibility.  Note that although the framework for having add-ons report versions compatibility is there, and we encourage all add-on developers to update their add-ons to include this if they haven't already - This version of NVDA will however still allow installing and loading of add-ons that do not yet contain Minimum and Last Tested NVDA version information at all, but upgrading to future versions of NVDA (E.g. 2019.2) may automatically cause these older add-ons to be disabled.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Wow! Congrats guys.
Keep up the good job. NVDA rocks all the way! :)

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 25/03/2019 23:41, Quentin Christensen disse:

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes I have been playing around with the last tested version flags in the manifests of some of my add ons that either do not come from the normal site or have as yet, not been altered.
Most do still operate on the current newest versions, but some display warnings in the log about possible future problems with some of the python constitutes used like 3d Sound for example.
I do now use this a lot as it is very helpful in understanding screen layout, so would like to see the few issues fixed before we all go Python 3, or have issues with other parts.
I'd also like to add that I do still use quite a bit of legacy software that works well with nvda on newer versions of windows, so would value any warnings that functionality of older app modules in the nvda core would be removed or altered up front before it actually happens.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

PS...
I'm not totally sure about how one might wish to package a user made bit of code that was installed manually into an add on. Is there a simple idiot proof way of doing this somewhere that does not need multiple dependencies and all of that, IE grab your code, shove it in a folder write xy z in a text file then run this ere exe file giving the files as arguments would be fine.
grin.
[...]

hi quentin and as always, i appreciate you for your great works.
for many weeks, nvda website is not accessible in iran or sometimes is
accessible, but very difficult.
for example: sometimes i should open website several times to rescue
from different kind of browsers errors!
download link wont work at all.
God bless you!

On 3/25/19, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
[...]

By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Zahra,
Can you access any cloud service like dropbox, oneDrive or google drive? If yes I can upload the new version there for you to download.

Cheers,
Ralf

[...]

hi.
thanks for your kindness.
as i tested before, cloud services had not issues when someone
uploaded file for me.
but i am wondering why i cant access download links in iran.
i thought that its a temporary problem, but it occures since several
weeks ago and continued until now.
thanks again for your kindness and God bless you!

On 3/26/19, Ralf Kefferpuetz <ralf.kefferpuetz@elra-consulting.de> wrote:
[...]

Dear Zahra,
Please use this dropbox link to download 2019.1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3lqgs43ek1b4nr/nvda_2019.1.exe?dl=0
I will keep it alive for 2 days.

Best regards and blessings,
Ralf

[...]

Hi Zahra,

I just had a look and found this site: http://www.blockediniran.com/ which claims to test whether any given site is blocked in Iran.

Putting https://www.nvaccess.org/ in its checker, it advised that www.nvaccess.org IS blocked in Iran.

I know our site is based on Word Press and that also appears to be blocked, so that is possibly the reason?

Interestingly that tool also says Dropbox is blocked so I'll be interested to hear whether you can download the file Ralf uploaded for you.

Quentin.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

hi quentin and thanks so much for your assistance.
the website that you mentioned:
http://www.blockediniran.com/
does not work in Iran at all and i cant open it.
i really dont understand is it possible really that your website is
blocked in iran?
i believe that all iranian blind users, have nvda on there computers,
even if they use other screen readers like jaws.

no, its not related to wordpress, because numerus websites in iran are
based on wordpress.
but i thought its a temporary problem for your website and its
resolved very soon, or temporary problem in Iran, because i have such
issues
even with iranian websites.
whats the solution that we can access your website in iran without any issues?
first, i thought that like github, your website also does not support
older versions of firefox, so, i asked my friend to check for me
whether she can opens your website or not, with the latest version of
firefox!
and she confirmed that your website cant be open for her too.
so, my friend and me decided to send email for you and inform you
about this problem that you help us in this regard.

On 3/26/19, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
[...]

hi ralf and thanks for your help.
i tested your link and it worked in iran.
i wish to send it for my other friends in Iran that they can access
new version of nvda.
thanks again and God bless you!