Windows one core voice with nvda

farhan israk

How to use english uk windows one core voice with nvda?

Mohamed

If you don't have the voice installed already, on Windows 10 version 1809 and earlier, you'll need to download the English United Kingdom language pack which includes the voice. You can do this by going in to settings>time and language>language, pressing the add a language button, and selecting English, United Kingdom from the list. Press enter on the language, click next and follow the prompts. On Windows 10 version 1903, you won't need to do this, you can just download the voices on their own.

On 3/27/2019 9:29 AM, farhan israk wrote:

How to use english uk windows one core voice with nvda?

And after doing this you have to remember to change your synthesizer to OneCore as well.

          ~ Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

Christopher Bartlett

Where does one find the onecore voices?  I'm running 1903.

--
Christopher Bartlett

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 11:46 AM, Christopher Bartlett wrote:
Where does one find the onecore voices?  I'm running 1903.
As was mentioned earlier, one downloads them.

Settings, Time & Language, Language Pane.   I cannot say how the links, etc., on that pane may have changed for Version 1903, as I am not doing Insider Builds these days.  In 1809 there is an Add Language button, which starts the process of selecting the language you wish to download.  If the intention is to use it with a screen reader then you have to make sure that the particular choice you're about to make has the Text-to-Speech feature associated with it.  Some do not.

          ~ Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

Bobby Vinton <vinton.bobby5277@...>

I was wondering how to uninstall a voice pack as well because I have Linda butt she doesn't work and I need to remove the voice pack so I can reinstall it.

On 3/27/2019 12:06 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 11:46 AM, Christopher Bartlett wrote:
Where does one find the onecore voices?  I'm running 1903.
As was mentioned earlier, one downloads them.

Settings, Time & Language, Language Pane.   I cannot say how the links, etc., on that pane may have changed for Version 1903, as I am not doing Insider Builds these days.  In 1809 there is an Add Language button, which starts the process of selecting the language you wish to download.  If the intention is to use it with a screen reader then you have to make sure that the particular choice you're about to make has the Text-to-Speech feature associated with it.  Some do not.

          ~ Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

Under the settings mentioned previously for Languages under Windows 10, when a language (or language pack) is selected from the list of those installed a Remove button appears.

          ~ Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

Orlando Enrique Fiol

At 12:06 PM 3/27/2019, Brian Vogel wrote:
Settings, Time & Language, Language Pane.? ? I cannot say how the
links, etc., on that pane may have changed for Version 1903, as I am
not doing Insider Builds these days.? In 1809 there is an Add
Language button, which starts the process of selecting the language
you wish to download. If the intention is to use it with a screen
reader then you have to make sure that the particular choice you're
about to make has the Text-to-Speech feature associated with
it.? Some do not.
There is a much easier approach from within Narrator, but you need to be running one of the post-1809 insider builds. From within Narrattor's settings, accessed by control+windows+N, tab to "Get More Voices". There, you will be presented with a list box containing all the installed languages, with all available voices installed for each language. Go through the list, pressing spacebar to select any item you wish to install; then active the "add" button and all your selections will be installed. This way, there is no need to guess whether a language includes a text-to-speech component.

Orlando Enrique Fiol
Ph.D. in Music Theory
University of Pennsylvania
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist, Arranger, Performer and Pedagogue
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090
Email: ofiol@verizon.net