Topics

NVDA not reading bullets etc.

Dan Thompson

Hi all,

When adding bullets, NVDA doesn’t read them on some of the computers I am using with students in class and others it does. 

I have installed the reportSymbols-2.1.nvda-addon add-on and still it doesn’t announce them.

I also checked “ document formatting but didn’t find anything to help in this situation. But I am sure it is something I am not noticing.  That is why I come to you wizards.

Have a  great day.

Quentin Christensen

Hi Dan,

Depending on the style of bullets, it may be that the symbol level is set lower (or higher) on some machines.  You can change it in the speech settings with NVDA+control+v, or you can change it on the fly at anytime with NVDA+p.

Let us know if that works.  If it doesn't, if you could give a bit more information about the exact type of bullets used perhaps?

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 2:59 AM Dan Thompson <dmt031073@...> wrote:

Hi all,

When adding bullets, NVDA doesn’t read them on some of the computers I am using with students in class and others it does. 

I have installed the reportSymbols-2.1.nvda-addon add-on and still it doesn’t announce them.

I also checked “ document formatting but didn’t find anything to help in this situation. But I am sure it is something I am not noticing.  That is why I come to you wizards.

Have a  great day.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Is it the level these symbols are set to to be spoken?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2019 3:58 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA not reading bullets etc.

Hi all,

When adding bullets, NVDA doesn't read them on some of the computers I am
using with students in class and others it does.

I have installed the reportSymbols-2.1.nvda-addon add-on and still it
doesn't announce them.

I also checked " document formatting but didn't find anything to help in
this situation. But I am sure it is something I am not noticing. That is
why I come to you wizards.

Have a great day.