NVDA and LastPass

Sam Bushman

Hi All,

I would be interested if anyone has experience with the LastPass software. I need to use it for work and am interested in accessibility with NVDA.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks,

Sam

Mike Sedmak

I have used lastpass for personal use. Accessibility is ok, there are
some quirks when using firefox plus nvda. Nothing that prevents me
from using the tool, but some of the magic fly-outs don't register
with nvda so I have to do things the long way.

My biggest accessibility issues were with setting up 2fa and other
advanced settings. These may be controlled by IT in a corporate
setting for you.

Mike

On 3/27/19, Sam Bushman <libertyroundtable@...> wrote:
Hi All,

I would be interested if anyone has experience with the LastPass software.
need to use it for work and am interested in accessibility with NVDA.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks,

Sam

Matt Turner

Hi, It works grate in chrome.

You can set up hotkeys for things like generating passwords.

On 3/27/2019 7:02 PM, Sam Bushman wrote:

Hi All,

I would be interested if anyone has experience with the LastPass software. I need to use it for work and am interested in accessibility with NVDA.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks,

Sam

Sam Bushman

How do I set up the keyboard shortcuts?

Thanks,

Sam

You can set up hotkeys for things like generating passwords.

On 3/27/2019 7:02 PM, Sam Bushman wrote:

Hi All,

I would be interested if anyone has experience with the LastPass software. I need to use it for work and am interested in accessibility with NVDA.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks,

Sam

Sam Bushman

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the feedback. I am the IT for my company - I will need to set this up for others.

Thanks,
Sam

I have used lastpass for personal use. Accessibility is ok, there are some quirks when using firefox plus nvda. Nothing that prevents me from using the tool, but some of the magic fly-outs don't register with nvda so I have to do things the long way.

My biggest accessibility issues were with setting up 2fa and other advanced settings. These may be controlled by IT in a corporate setting for you.

Mike

On 3/27/19, Sam Bushman <libertyroundtable@...> wrote:
Hi All,

I would be interested if anyone has experience with the LastPass software.
need to use it for work and am interested in accessibility with NVDA.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks,

Sam

Matt Turner

Using chrome, if you go to the extension details,  for last pass, you can set them up in there.

On 3/27/2019 7:22 PM, Sam Bushman wrote:

How do I set up the keyboard shortcuts?

Thanks,

Sam

You can set up hotkeys for things like generating passwords.

On 3/27/2019 7:02 PM, Sam Bushman wrote:

Hi All,

I would be interested if anyone has experience with the LastPass software. I need to use it for work and am interested in accessibility with NVDA.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks,

Sam

Sam Bushman

Perfect, thank you sir,

Sam

You can set up hotkeys for things like generating passwords.

On 3/27/2019 7:02 PM, Sam Bushman wrote:

Hi All,

I would be interested if anyone has experience with the LastPass software. I need to use it for work and am interested in accessibility with NVDA.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks,

Sam

Matt Turner

Just a note, I think if you clear your history, those keyboard shortcuts you made, go away.

On 3/27/2019 7:50 PM, Sam Bushman wrote:

Perfect, thank you sir,

Sam

You can set up hotkeys for things like generating passwords.

On 3/27/2019 7:02 PM, Sam Bushman wrote:

Hi All,

I would be interested if anyone has experience with the LastPass software. I need to use it for work and am interested in accessibility with NVDA.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks,

Sam

Arlene

Yes,    I can confirm that.  I tried to get into my food safe online class. I could not get at the class so I can study for the final exam. I called the head guy to say I can only see the exam. He said to clean my Chrome history. I did and finding out I may get another extension until May. Is there a way where you can clean the history on Chrome like you can with IE? When you leave IE. You can set the history to leave as you close it.  How can one set Chrome to clean history? Then you don’t have to go to the history to manually clean it. I did today. Lucky I don’t use much on chrome. Just my news global channel and the food safe class.  If I want to do other things I go to IE Cause I have IE to clean the history automatically.  I wonder if you can do the same with Chrome?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

You can set up hotkeys for things like generating passwords.

On 3/27/2019 7:02 PM, Sam Bushman wrote:

Hi All,

I would be interested if anyone has experience with the LastPass software. I need to use it for work and am interested in accessibility with NVDA.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks,

Sam

Gene

I would imagine there is a way, but  cleaning history automatically may not be a good idea.  there are times when I don't book mark something and I find I unexpectedly want to return to the page.  Also, if you rely at all on visited links to find things quickly, every time you clear history, it erases all links shown as visited.  You generally shouldn't have problems if you don't clear history.  Every so often, I see a problem that is solved by clearing history.  Considering how infrequently I see that this solved a problem, I conclude that it is rare that it causes a problem and keeping history has real benefits.  there is such a thing as too much automation.

Using Internet Explorer just because history is automaticallly cleared, even after Microsoft's own security officer advised people not to use it is not, what I consider giving security proper importance.  I have nothing against using it on sites where it works better than other browsers but it’s a bad idea to use it for general browsing.

[...]

Oh ok. Yeah, When I tried to find a visited link on IE I forgot that I had IE to clear all history. I’m new with chrome.

[...]

Unless you use an add-on, there may not be a way to do this in Chrome, at least not that doesn't remove much more than you want.  Incognito mode removes a good deal more than history.

I did some searching and I found an article about two add-ons you can use.  I explained earlier why I think it’s a bad idea but if you want to try it, I'll provide the link.

I have no idea if the add-ons are accessible.

Also, this article is three or more years old and the ability to delete history on exit may have been added to Chrome since then.  But I found two or three articles from 2017 discussing the lack of this feature and nothing indicating it has been added, so I rather doubt it.