From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ralph Boersema
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2019 8:12 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Bible Programs

Dear All,

I asked this question a number of years ago and am now checking if there is any update. Does anyone know of a Bible program that is truly accessible?

Warmly,

Ralph

kavein thran

can youu send the program

On 3/29/19, Pascal Lambert <coccinelle86@comcast.net> wrote:
Hi,

Bible Seeker is a very accessible program and works with NVDA. It comes
with several Bible versions and the Matthew Henry Commentary. You can
Google it. If you cannot find it, let me know and I will email you the
file.

Blessings

Pascal

I asked this question a number of years ago and am now checking if there is
any update. Does anyone know of a Bible program that is truly accessible?

Warmly,

Ralph

Ralph Boersema

Dear Pascal,

Although it is a very basic program and does not have the more recent, copyrighted, versions of the Bible, it is the best I have found. However, having recently moved to a new computer and a new version of Windows 10, I now have some difficulty in navigating through a list of passages in a Find window. On the old computer, I could simply arrow my way through the list and use the tab key to move to the fields that allow me to do a new search. Now I have to use the number pad to navigate through the list of found passages and I cannot tab out of that list.

Warmly,

Ralph

Bible Seeker is a very accessible program and works with NVDA.  It comes with several Bible versions and the Matthew Henry Commentary.  You can Google it.  If you cannot find it, let me know and I will email you the file.

Blessings

Pascal

I asked this question a number of years ago and am now checking if there is any update. Does anyone know of a Bible program that is truly accessible?

Warmly,

Ralph

Ian Blackburn

hi Ralph

You can try

Theophilos
Theophilos has been discontinued. No tech support is available. E-commerce is disabled.
Theophilos Bible Software Logo
Theophilos is free Bible Software Download now

http://www.theophilos.com/

You will have to make adjustments for accessibility in the settings. I used to use it ages ago.

/For bible programmes depends what you want to do. I find that most of the off line programmes are not too accessible.

Again what do you want to do? Bible Gateway is a good website and they have afar Ely accessible iPhone app.

If all you want to be able to do fairly easily is to read various translations of the bible then consider getting the dvds from Optasia Ministry
On them there is a linked html bible with over 15 versions on it. You can use any version that is there and go to any verse fairly easily. You cannot display a single verse though.

This is a very helpful tool if you want to be able to read bibles when you are not connected to the internet. It is my choice for reading bible in braille as you can put the whole directory on to a braille note taker and make the index.htm file a favourite in your web browser.

http://www.optasiaministry.org/

on their DVDS there are loads of text resources on various topics.

kind regards
Ian

On 29/03/2019 8:11 am, Ralph Boersema wrote:

Dear All,

I asked this question a number of years ago and am now checking if there is any update. Does anyone know of a Bible program that is truly accessible?

Warmly,

Ralph

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Why not put it on Dropbox and put the link to it in the email here?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

I asked this question a number of years ago and am now checking if there is
any update. Does anyone know of a Bible program that is truly accessible?

Warmly,

Ralph

Pascal Lambert <coccinelle86@...>

Dear Ralph,

That is correct, the search element of Bible Seeker is not very accessible.  I like because it has the KJV and the Spanish Reina Valera which I like and I enjoy the Matthew Henry commentary.  On my IPhone, I use the Bible.is which is very good.

Best of luck.

Warmly

[...]

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

I use E-sword. It is a free bible program. Some of the bibles are paid but most are free.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

I can try E-Sword again. The last time I tried it, I was unable to get very far.

Ralph

[...]

Richard Wells

The only thing I can get E-Sword to do is import scripture using Word Macros. I find the interface to be pretty much useless with NVDA and all screen access software.

On 3/29/2019 8:27 AM, Ralph Boersema wrote:

[...]

I wonder if Robert is using it on an Apple device. I am looking for something for 64-bit Windows 10. I will try some of the other suggestions.

Warmly,

Ralph

[...]

Mallard

On Android I use Youversion, but I don't know whether it's as good on Windows with NVDA.

Ciao,

Ollie