GoldWave

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

Jeff did you get my last post with the answers you asked for?

NVDA+control+f1 = you are currently running GoldWave 5.7

I am running the latest GoldWave, NVDA and GoldWave addon. I get no announcements when any function key is pressed nor when brackets are pressed.

If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi,

What I am really after is the executable name – it should be goldwave.exe, but somehow you’re seeing something else.

Note that I might drop support for GoldWave 5.70 once Python 3 version of NVDA is released (later).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 8:56 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] GoldWave

I am running the latest GoldWave, NVDA and GoldWave addon. I get no announcements when any function key is pressed nor when brackets are pressed.

If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Brian's Mail list account

Did you see my comments. I use goldwave daily and the add on still works fine, but I am one version below yours as I found the latest 32 bit version had sound card issues. This might well be the answer but Joseph etc, might be able to shed more light on it. Its hard when you cannot see the issue.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 4:55 AM

If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything! Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Brian's Mail list account

No don't do that. Many of us find the 32 bit old version superior for what we do with it.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 5:09 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] GoldWave

Hi,

What I am really after is the executable name – it should be goldwave.exe, but somehow you’re seeing something else.

Note that I might drop support for GoldWave 5.70 once Python 3 version of NVDA is released (later).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Doc Wright godfearer

If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything! Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Sile

Agreed,

Later versions of Goldwave have dropped much of the functionality for working with MP3 files in particular.

--Sile

On 2019-04-03 3:59 a.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
No don't do that. Many of us find the 32 bit old version superior for what we do with it.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@...>

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything! Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>  for Windows 10

Hi,
As much as I wish to support GoldWave 5.x forever, we must move on at some point. I know what I just said is very painful for some of you, but given the pace at which technology is changing, we must find a way to keep up somehow (yes, I know this is a repeat of XP arguments from 2017). Don't worry - a version of this add-on that supports GoldWave 5.x will remain posted somewhere so folks can download it if needed.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sile via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, April 3, 2019 5:02 AM

Agreed,

Later versions of Goldwave have dropped much of the functionality for working with MP3 files in particular.

--Sile

No don't do that. Many of us find the 32 bit old version superior for
what we do with it.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Lee"
<joseph.lee22590@...>

Hi,

What I am really after is the executable name – it should be
goldwave.exe, but somehow you’re seeing something else.

Note that I might drop support for GoldWave 5.70 once Python 3 version
of NVDA is released (later).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert
Doc Wright godfearer

I am running the latest GoldWave, NVDA and GoldWave addon. I get no
announcements when any function key is pressed nor when brackets are
pressed.

If all I have left
in this world is God, I have everything! Sent from Mail
<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

JM Casey

Just curious, but why wouldn't one use goldwave 6? Maybe if you were still on XP, I could understand sticking with an old version -- in that case you can no longer keep NVDA up to date either.

I am using GW 6.31 (I believe that's the version number) with no complaints, working very well.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: April 3, 2019 9:32 AM

Hi,
As much as I wish to support GoldWave 5.x forever, we must move on at some point. I know what I just said is very painful for some of you, but given the pace at which technology is changing, we must find a way to keep up somehow (yes, I know this is a repeat of XP arguments from 2017). Don't worry - a version of this add-on that supports GoldWave 5.x will remain posted somewhere so folks can download it if needed.
Cheers,
Joseph

Sent: Wednesday, April 3, 2019 5:02 AM

Agreed,

--Sile

what we do with it.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
<joseph.lee22590@...>

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Doc Wright godfearer

pressed.

If all I have left

JM Casey

Hi.
I'm not arguing, but I wonder if you could explain this?

I work with both .wav and .mp3 files using version 6.31 of this programme, and although I don't use all features, it works as well or better than it did previously.
What's been dropped?

Sent: April 3, 2019 8:02 AM

Agreed,

--Sile

what we do with it.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
<joseph.lee22590@...>

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Doc Wright godfearer

pressed.

If all I have left

Curtis Delzer

I am curious which functions of *.mp3s has Gold wave dropped? creating them, manipulating them, or batch processing them or making merged files from them?

thanks

Curtis Delzer
HS
W B 6 H E F
Rialto, CA

On 4/3/2019 5:01 AM, Sile via Groups.Io wrote:

Agreed,

--Sile

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@...>

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything! Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>  for Windows 10

I got the new goldWave addon unfortunately, when I press any function key nothing is said. The same when pressing any bracket. I’m not sure what happened at the end of March but…

Is there anyway you can include an alt I command to jump to look in and save in?

Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 10:09 PM

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,

Hmmm, based on the brief conversation we had, it could be either:

1. The executable name has changed somehow.
  2. NVDA is not detecting the sound window.

Resolving this will require looking at the debug log and/or a remote troubleshooting method (via Remote add-on and Skype). Can you try the following for me:

1. Close GoldWave.
  2. Restart NVDA with debug logging enabled (but after GoldWave is fully closed).
  3. Start GoldWave.
  4. Open a file in GoldWave.
  5. Open NVDA log viewer (NVDA+F1).
  6. Once log viewer opens, copy and paste all text you see in log viewer as a reply – either to this list or privately.
  7. After sending a reply, restart NVDA.

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Thursday, April 4, 2019 4:44 AM
Subject: [nvda] goldwave

I got the new goldWave addon unfortunately, when I press any function key nothing is said. The same when pressing any bracket. I’m not sure what happened at the end of March but…

JM Casey

I asked this question too. What are we missing?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Curtis Delzer
Sent: April 3, 2019 6:26 PM

I am curious which functions of *.mp3s has Gold wave dropped? creating them, manipulating them, or batch processing them or making merged files from them?

thanks

Curtis Delzer
HS
W B 6 H E F
Rialto, CA

On 4/3/2019 5:01 AM, Sile via Groups.Io wrote:

Agreed,

Later versions of Goldwave have dropped much of the functionality for
working with MP3 files in particular.

--Sile

what we do with it.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
<joseph.lee22590@...>

Hi,

Note that I might drop support for GoldWave 5.70 once Python 3
version of NVDA is released (later).

Cheers,

Joseph

Doc Wright godfearer

pressed.

If all I have left

Well, I have already moved to version 6.3 and it works there fine. I’m just sad that I have to shift tab to get to treeview instead of having a key command to jump me there.

Sent: Thursday, April 4, 2019 9:37 AM

Hi,

Hmmm, based on the brief conversation we had, it could be either:

1. The executable name has changed somehow.
  2. NVDA is not detecting the sound window.

Resolving this will require looking at the debug log and/or a remote troubleshooting method (via Remote add-on and Skype). Can you try the following for me:

1. Close GoldWave.
  2. Restart NVDA with debug logging enabled (but after GoldWave is fully closed).
  3. Start GoldWave.
  4. Open a file in GoldWave.
  5. Open NVDA log viewer (NVDA+F1).
  6. Once log viewer opens, copy and paste all text you see in log viewer as a reply – either to this list or privately.
  7. After sending a reply, restart NVDA.

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Thursday, April 4, 2019 4:44 AM
Subject: [nvda] goldwave