having trouble editing a powerpoint presentation with NVDA

molly the blind tech lover

Hey guys, Molly here again.

I am trying to edit a powerpoint presentation I’m working on with some of my classmates. So far we have two slides. When I press control plus N to create slide three. NVDA says slide one. I started editing the slide. But when I saved it, it appears to have gotten saved as a separate powerpoint from the one we were working on. Basically, my new slides do not show up in the powerpoint we’re working on. Howdo I edit the powerpoint we already started without creating a new presentation?

I hope this makes sense.

Devin Prater

Control+N makes a new Powerpoint file. To make a new slide, you'll have to do that from the ribbon. Alternatively, if you're using PowerPoint 2016 or higher, or Office 365, press Alt+Q, type in what you want to do, like "new slide", press down arrow, and you should hear what you want to do. Then, press enter to do it.
Devin Prater
sent from Gmail.

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 2:14 PM molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:

Hey guys, Molly here again.

I am trying to edit a powerpoint presentation I’m working on with some of my classmates. So far we have two slides. When I press control plus N to create slide three. NVDA says slide one. I started editing the slide. But when I saved it, it appears to have gotten saved as a separate powerpoint from the one we were working on. Basically, my new slides do not show up in the powerpoint we’re working on. Howdo I edit the powerpoint we already started without creating a new presentation?

I hope this makes sense.

Mike Sedmak

Are you attempting to use the outline view or the slide view?

When in slide view I tend to create new slides by using shift-f6 to
switch to the thumbnail.
Use up and down arrows to find the place I want to insert the new slide
Then use the context menu key and use the create new slide or
duplicate slide depending on whether I want a blank slide or to start
with the current slide.

On 4/8/19, molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey guys, Molly here again.

I am trying to edit a powerpoint presentation I'm working on with some of
my
classmates. So far we have two slides. When I press control plus N to
create
slide three. NVDA says slide one. I started editing the slide. But when I
saved it, it appears to have gotten saved as a separate powerpoint from the
one we were working on. Basically, my new slides do not show up in the
powerpoint we're working on. Howdo I edit the powerpoint we already started
without creating a new presentation?

I hope this makes sense.

molly the blind tech lover

thanks ☺️ i am not an experienced powerpoint user lol.

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019, 3:21 PM Devin Prater <r.d.t.prater@...> wrote:
[...]

Deenadayalan Moodley

Good day,

Ctrl+m creates a new slide.  CTRL+n creates a new presentation.

Thanks.