Narrator voice appears to be overriding NVDA voice in say all and automated page reading

Christopher Bartlett

I have installed several Microsoft Onecore voices and attempted to set one of the UK voices as my default voice.  But now, when I begin a say all or automatic page reading begins, such as in Chrome or QREAD when I alt-tab to it, the Microsoft David voice that appears to be the default system voice overrides my choice.  As I do not love Microsoft David, this is an annoyance, especially since I can't figure out how to stop it from happening.

I have gone into windows settings > language > speech and set Microsoft George as my default voice.  I have also done so in the settings > ease  of access > narrator panel.
The strange thing is that this was working two or three days ago.  Anyone have any ideas?  I'm using the current Windows Insider build 1903 and the latest NVDA.
Chris Bartlett

--
Christopher Bartlett

Andre Fisher

Hi.

So you said you've set George as your default OneCore voice in the NVDA speech settings as well? Do you have any saved say all configuration profile?

Christopher Bartlett

YEs, George is plugged in wherever he can be, both in NVDA settings and Windows settings.  You may have something with a say-all config; I was messing with config earlier this week, something I hadn't done before, so I may have messed something up, which I will check later when I'm on that machine.
Thanks for the  suggestion.
Christopher B