Announcing cut, copy, or paste

Judy Jones

Hello To All,

Can NVDA be set to announc “cut text to clipboard,” as Jaws does when you use control-X?

I ran into this when wanting to paste a link into an e-mail.  In Jaws you hit Alt-D, A, and C to get this done.  I did manage to copy to clipboard, but didn’t hear it spoken, so pulled up notepad to make sure I actually had copied the address.

It would seem easier if you could hear that your commands are carried out.

Thanks as always.

Judy

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi Judy

you could try the following add on it should do what you want it to do.

it is called clip speak.

It will need to be installed.

I do not use it if i copy any thing i do not need to know or hear it say copy etc I just copy what i want then use the nvda key +letter C to read out what i have copied.

there are probably other add ons up there you might use as well.

The following link will put you in the right place to get it at https://addons.nvda-project.org/index.en.html

It can also be accessed thrugh the add on manager under a button called get add ons in that section.

hope it helps.

Gene nz

On 12/04/2019 2:34 PM, Judy Jones wrote:

Hello To All,

Can NVDA be set to announc “cut text to clipboard,” as Jaws does when you use control-X?

I ran into this when wanting to paste a link into an e-mail.  In Jaws you hit Alt-D, A, and C to get this done.  I did manage to copy to clipboard, but didn’t hear it spoken, so pulled up notepad to make sure I actually had copied the address.

It would seem easier if you could hear that your commands are carried out.

Thanks as always.

Judy

I'm not sure what you are asking.  Are you asking about cutting text, then adding more text when you cut more?  I don't know what the command does that you are describing and you already know about control x for cutting text, which is a Windows command.  The Clipspeak add-on causes NVDA to announce that text is copied, cut, or pasted.  In many circumstances, it doesn't announce those things without the add-on but just what does the JAWS command do?

Can NVDA be set to announc “cut text to clipboard,” as Jaws does when you use control-X?

I ran into this when wanting to paste a link into an e-mail.  In Jaws you hit Alt-D, A, and C to get this done.  I did manage to copy to clipboard, but didn’t hear it spoken, so pulled up notepad to make sure I actually had copied the address.

It would seem easier if you could hear that your commands are carried out.

Thanks as always.

Judy

I now understand your message.  The add-on will cause the action to be announced but you are not discussing a JAWS command when you speak of alt followed by the letters.  That is a program command.  And control x is a Windows command.  You can cut text just by using control x.  The Windows command for copying text to the clipboard is control c.  It is much more convenient to use those commands.  The add-on will cause the announcement to be made when you use control x and control c. and JAWS will speak the actions as well.

Can NVDA be set to announc “cut text to clipboard,” as Jaws does when you use control-X?

I ran into this when wanting to paste a link into an e-mail.  In Jaws you hit Alt-D, A, and C to get this done.  I did manage to copy to clipboard, but didn’t hear it spoken, so pulled up notepad to make sure I actually had copied the address.

It would seem easier if you could hear that your commands are carried out.

Thanks as always.

Judy

cisco <audiogamer2004@...>

Hi there. She’s talking about the clipspeac ad on.

On Apr 12, 2019, at 6:16 AM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

[...]

Actually you have to have the ad on for things like that to be announced

[...]

not when you are in browse mode, which is why I didn't make it a blanket statement.

[...]

Thank you, Gene,

Now that you mention it, I would rather try your way first, but I will surely have to explore those add-ons.

Thanks again.

[...]

If what I said isn't clear, when you are in browse mode, you will hear the announcements without the add-on.  The add-on, evidently, becomes inactive when you are in browse mode to allow for the announcement NVDA makes itself.

[...]

Nope, I was just asking about the verbal feedback when you cut text, copy text, or paste it.  Sometimes, with Jaws, if you don’t get that verbal feedback, it can mean that the text, for whatever reason, did not copy to clipboard.

[...]

Correct.  I was just trying to go through the sequence.

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I have had problems with this add on in windows 7. it gives spurious not enough memory alerts on some versions of Microsoft word, but otherwise it works. Just test it and see if it works for you. I have to say I have a dummy announcement add on but one has to say it is not confirming anything has been pasted, it just tells you the right keys were operated.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-