Announcing cut, copy, or paste

Judy Jones

Hello To All,

Can NVDA be set to announc “cut text to clipboard,” as Jaws does when you use control-X?

I ran into this when wanting to paste a link into an e-mail.  In Jaws you hit Alt-D, A, and C to get this done.  I did manage to copy to clipboard, but didn’t hear it spoken, so pulled up notepad to make sure I actually had copied the address.

It would seem easier if you could hear that your commands are carried out.

Thanks as always.

Judy

“Embrace the day with its mercies and blessings.”

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi Judy

you could try the following add on it should do what you want it to do.

it is called clip speak.

It will need to be installed.

I do not use it if i copy any thing i do not need to know or hear it say copy etc I just copy what i want then use the nvda key +letter C to read out what i have copied.

there are probably other add ons up there you might use as well.

The following link will put you in the right place to get it at https://addons.nvda-project.org/index.en.html

It can also be accessed thrugh the add on manager under a button called get add ons in that section.

hope it helps.

Gene nz

On 12/04/2019 2:34 PM, Judy Jones wrote:

Hello To All,

Can NVDA be set to announc “cut text to clipboard,” as Jaws does when you use control-X?

I ran into this when wanting to paste a link into an e-mail.  In Jaws you hit Alt-D, A, and C to get this done.  I did manage to copy to clipboard, but didn’t hear it spoken, so pulled up notepad to make sure I actually had copied the address.

Thanks as always.

Judy

--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa).
To find out which software is installed on the APNK network please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda

To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go to the following links. Software available  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884  How to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library computers  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/

To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.

Gene

I'm not sure what you are asking.  Are you asking about cutting text, then adding more text when you cut more?  I don't know what the command does that you are describing and you already know about control x for cutting text, which is a Windows command.  The Clipspeak add-on causes NVDA to announce that text is copied, cut, or pasted.  In many circumstances, it doesn't announce those things without the add-on but just what does the JAWS command do?

Gene 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:34 PM
Subject: [nvda] Announcing cut, copy, or paste

Hello To All,

Thanks as always.

Judy

Gene

I now understand your message.  The add-on will cause the action to be announced but you are not discussing a JAWS command when you speak of alt followed by the letters.  That is a program command.  And control x is a Windows command.  You can cut text just by using control x.  The Windows command for copying text to the clipboard is control c.  It is much more convenient to use those commands.  The add-on will cause the announcement to be made when you use control x and control c. and JAWS will speak the actions as well.

Gene

Hello To All,

Thanks as always.

Judy

cisco <audiogamer2004@...>

Hi there. She’s talking about the clipspeac ad on.

On Apr 12, 2019, at 6:16 AM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

I'm not sure what you are asking.  Are you asking about cutting text, then adding more text when you cut more?  I don't know what the command does that you are describing and you already know about control x for cutting text, which is a Windows command.  The Clipspeak add-on causes NVDA to announce that text is copied, cut, or pasted.  In many circumstances, it doesn't announce those things without the add-on but just what does the JAWS command do?

Gene 

Hello To All,

Thanks as always.

Judy

cisco <audiogamer2004@...>

Actually you have to have the ad on for things like that to be announced

Gene 

Hello To All,

Thanks as always.

Judy

Gene

not when you are in browse mode, which is why I didn't make it a blanket statement.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2019 11:34 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Announcing cut, copy, or paste

Gene 

Hello To All,

Thanks as always.

Judy

Judy Jones

Thank you, Gene,

Now that you mention it, I would rather try your way first, but I will surely have to explore those add-ons.

Thanks again.

Judy

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of hurrikennyandopo ...
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2019 7:57 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi Judy

you could try the following add on it should do what you want it to do.

it is called clip speak.

It will need to be installed.

I do not use it if i copy any thing i do not need to know or hear it say copy etc I just copy what i want then use the nvda key +letter C to read out what i have copied.

there are probably other add ons up there you might use as well.

The following link will put you in the right place to get it at https://addons.nvda-project.org/index.en.html

It can also be accessed thrugh the add on manager under a button called get add ons in that section.

hope it helps.

Gene nz

On 12/04/2019 2:34 PM, Judy Jones wrote:

Hello To All,

Thanks as always.

Judy

--

Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa).
To find out which software is installed on the APNK network please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda

To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go to the following links. Software available  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884  How to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library computers  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/

To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.

Gene

If what I said isn't clear, when you are in browse mode, you will hear the announcements without the add-on.  The add-on, evidently, becomes inactive when you are in browse mode to allow for the announcement NVDA makes itself.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2019 11:53 PM

not when you are in browse mode, which is why I didn't make it a blanket statement.

Gene
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2019 11:34 PM

Gene 

Hello To All,

Thanks as always.

Judy

Judy Jones

Nope, I was just asking about the verbal feedback when you cut text, copy text, or paste it.  Sometimes, with Jaws, if you don’t get that verbal feedback, it can mean that the text, for whatever reason, did not copy to clipboard.

Judy

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:16 PM

Gene 

Hello To All,

Thanks as always.

Judy

Judy Jones

Correct.  I was just trying to go through the sequence.

Judy

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:23 PM

I now understand your message.  The add-on will cause the action to be announced but you are not discussing a JAWS command when you speak of alt followed by the letters.  That is a program command.  And control x is a Windows command.  You can cut text just by using control x.  The Windows command for copying text to the clipboard is control c.  It is much more convenient to use those commands.  The add-on will cause the announcement to be made when you use control x and control c. and JAWS will speak the actions as well.

Gene

Hello To All,

Thanks as always.

Judy

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I have had problems with this add on in windows 7. it gives spurious not enough memory alerts on some versions of Microsoft word, but otherwise it works. Just test it and see if it works for you. I have to say I have a dummy announcement add on but one has to say it is not confirming anything has been pasted, it just tells you the right keys were operated.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2019 5:32 AM

Hi there. She’s talking about the clipspeac ad on.
On Apr 12, 2019, at 6:16 AM, Gene <gsasner@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you asking about cutting text, then adding more text when you cut more? I don't know what the command does that you are describing and you already know about control x for cutting text, which is a Windows command. The Clipspeak add-on causes NVDA to announce that text is copied, cut, or pasted. In many circumstances, it doesn't announce those things without the add-on but just what does the JAWS command do?

Gene

Hello To All,

I ran into this when wanting to paste a link into an e-mail. In Jaws you hit Alt-D, A, and C to get this done. I did manage to copy to clipboard, but didn’t hear it spoken, so pulled up notepad to make sure I actually had copied the address.

Thanks as always.

Judy