Quick Navigation By Heading in Google Docs


Bhavya shah
 

Dear all,

In a Google Docs document I am working on, I would like to navigate
heading by heading. Since I don't believe browse mode for Google Docs
is supported, I am unable to perform quick navigation in Google Docs.
Could someone please explain the process of doing so?

I would truly appreciate any assistance.

Thanks.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Blogger at Hiking Across Horizons: https://bhavyashah125.wordpress.com/
E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@gmail.com
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bhavyashah125/


David Moore
 

Hey Maheen!

There are Google commands you have to use to do the same thing.

Here is how you navigate by heading:

The commands are:

Next heading,

Hold down alt and control, and press the letters, n, then h.

N means next, and h is for heading.

Previous heading:

Hold down alt and control,

And press:

P, then h!

P for previous and h again for heading.

To hear all of the goole commands in Google Docs,

Press the command:

Control+slash.

Go back to brows mode, and you will have an entire table of Google commands.

That will definitely get you started with navigating in Google Docs, while being in Focus mode.

You most be in Focus mode in Google docs.

That is why there are all of these Google commands.

I can send an audio tutorial that Google did on Google Drive and Docs if you want it.

I could send you a Google Drive link so you could download those tutorials.

I will try to find the URL for the site where I found those.

Have a great one, Bro!

David Moore

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Bhavya shah
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2019 7:38 AM
To: nvda
Cc: bhavya.shah125@...
Subject: [nvda] Quick Navigation By Heading in Google Docs

 

Dear all,

 

In a Google Docs document I am working on, I would like to navigate

heading by heading. Since I don't believe browse mode for Google Docs

is supported, I am unable to perform quick navigation in Google Docs.

Could someone please explain the process of doing so?

 

I would truly appreciate any assistance.

 

Thanks.

 

--

Best Regards

Bhavya Shah

 

Blogger at Hiking Across Horizons: https://bhavyashah125.wordpress.com/

E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@...

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bhavyashah125/

 

 

 


David Moore
 

Hi Bhavya!

I answered your question about Google Docs with NVDA, but I called you by the wrong name, because I heard the message above.

My reply to your message will really help!

Take care, Bhavya!

David Moore

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Bhavya shah
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2019 7:38 AM
To: nvda
Cc: bhavya.shah125@...
Subject: [nvda] Quick Navigation By Heading in Google Docs

 

Dear all,

 

In a Google Docs document I am working on, I would like to navigate

heading by heading. Since I don't believe browse mode for Google Docs

is supported, I am unable to perform quick navigation in Google Docs.

Could someone please explain the process of doing so?

 

I would truly appreciate any assistance.

 

Thanks.

 

--

Best Regards

Bhavya Shah

 

Blogger at Hiking Across Horizons: https://bhavyashah125.wordpress.com/

E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@...

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bhavyashah125/

 

 

 


Andre Fisher
 

It should then be noted that you should change your shortcut key to start or restart NVDA to something different from Control+Alt+N for this to work properly.


Aravind R
 

else you can press insert+f2 to make NVDA skip next keystroke.

On 4/13/19, Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@gmail.com> wrote:
It should then be noted that you should change your shortcut key to start or
restart NVDA to something different from Control+Alt+N for this to work
properly.




--
--
nothing is difficult unless you make it appear so.

r. aravind,

Assistant manager
Department of sales
bank of baroda specialised mortgage store, Chennai.
mobile no: +91 9940369593,
email id : aravind_069@yahoo.com, aravind.andhrabank@gmail.com.
aravind.rajendran@bankofbaroda.co.in.


Bhavya shah
 

Dear all,

Thank you so much everybody for the comprehensive collective response.
I will do as instructed by all of you - the Google Docs keystrokes,
viewing list of Google Docs keyboard shortcuts, changing NVDA
start/restart key combination or bypass command - and revert in case I
face any further difficulties.

Thanks.

On 4/13/19, Aravind R <aravind.andhrabank@gmail.com> wrote:
else you can press insert+f2 to make NVDA skip next keystroke.

On 4/13/19, Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@gmail.com> wrote:
It should then be noted that you should change your shortcut key to start
or
restart NVDA to something different from Control+Alt+N for this to work
properly.




--
--
nothing is difficult unless you make it appear so.

r. aravind,

Assistant manager
Department of sales
bank of baroda specialised mortgage store, Chennai.
mobile no: +91 9940369593,
email id : aravind_069@yahoo.com, aravind.andhrabank@gmail.com.
aravind.rajendran@bankofbaroda.co.in.



--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Blogger at Hiking Across Horizons: https://bhavyashah125.wordpress.com/
E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@gmail.com
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bhavyashah125/


Andre Fisher
 

That won't work. If you press NVDA+F2, then Control+Alt+N, NVDA will be restarted. This is because it is a desktop shortcut and not an NVDA command.


Bhavya shah
 

Dear Andre,

Right, thanks for clarifying. Will just modify the Desktop shortcut
and then use these keystrokes in Google Docs.

Thanks.

On 4/14/19, Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@gmail.com> wrote:
That won't work. If you press NVDA+F2, then Control+Alt+N, NVDA will be
restarted. This is because it is a desktop shortcut and not an NVDA
command.



--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Blogger at Hiking Across Horizons: https://bhavyashah125.wordpress.com/
E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@gmail.com
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bhavyashah125/