seamonkey and windows 10

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, everyone,

Will seamonkey work well with windows 10? I'm thinking of trying it out.

Rosemarie

Seamonkey and Firefox share a lot of common cyber-DNA (going all the way back to Netscape) and are both under the Mozilla Foundation.  I see no reason why it wouldn't work perfectly well under Windows 10.  I do not know how accessible it is, though, unless the scripts for Firefox work for it or there were ones written specifically for Seamonkey.

I used Seamonkey for many years before I decided I didn't need or want anything other than a web browser, at which point I started using Firefox.

    ~ Lauren Bacall

Jeremy <icu8it2@...>

Howdy, :)
Seamonkey does work pretty well with NVDA and for those who like to have their browser/email stuffed into the same package, it's pretty nice. For the most part, all of the plugins that you are used to using on firefox will work too, minus just a few that are updated in such a way as to make them only work inside the firefox specific way of doing things. Either way, it's definitely worth grabbing it and seeing what ya think.
Take care.

On 11/14/2016 7:47 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Seamonkey and Firefox share a lot of common cyber-DNA (going all the way back to Netscape) and are both under the Mozilla Foundation.  I see no reason why it wouldn't work perfectly well under Windows 10.  I do not know how accessible it is, though, unless the scripts for Firefox work for it or there were ones written specifically for Seamonkey.

I used Seamonkey for many years before I decided I didn't need or want anything other than a web browser, at which point I started using Firefox.

    ~ Lauren Bacall

Salva <sadm@...>

Hi.

The only disadvantage is that in Seamonkey Email you have to configure manually imap, smtp and ports for the accounts,.

Salva

¡Atención! Usted está recibiendo un correo electrónico de una persona ciega. Por favor, si envía imágenes o gráficos, descríbalos al pie del mismo. ¡La inclusión la hacemos entre todos!

[...]

Ah, yeah, that's true. I should have mentioned that. :)
I'll also add that it's necessary to authorize yourself twice, if you're using google's two-step verification. The first is when you first get the domain/ports configured and set up the account and the second is the first time you send an outgoing mail. So basically it makes you verify yourself for both incoming and outgoing, whereas thunderbird does this for you in one go when you first set it up.
Take care.

On 11/15/2016 12:15 PM, Salva wrote:

[...]

And another alternative is create an application password and autorice with it the Seamonkey. And, talking about mail clients, Outlook for Windows also is a good alternative, but you must have Office to use Outlook.

El 15 nov 2016, a las 19:28, Jeremy <icu8it2@...> escribió:

[...]

Howdy,

I'll grab seamonkey and give it a shot.

On 11/15/2016 10:11 AM, Jeremy wrote:
[...]

That's weird. Maybe I'll end up staying with thunderbird.

On 11/15/2016 10:15 AM, Salva wrote:

[...]

In that case I'i'll stay with thunderbird.

On 11/15/2016 10:28 AM, Jeremy wrote:
[...]

It's not super horrible in that you've only got to configure the ports and such once, but yeah, it is kind of frustrating that it's not handled automatically. Being that thunderbird, firefox and the email/browser parts of seamonkey are so closely related, I was really surprised when I had to configure them. It is still really a neat little program though.
Take care.