Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2019 6:08 AM
Subject: [nvda] key repeat shut off

Good morning list; had some health issues so have not been on for a long time; and forgot is there a shut off of some sort so nvda does not repeat a key over and over? Any help would be appreciated.

marv

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I'm not sure of what you're wanting.
If you want NVDA to not report each and every key you happen to press, then the command is NVDA+2. If, on the other hand, you want NVDA not to announce commands in general, then you should hit NVDA+4.
Now, if none of them is what you're after, write back so that I can offer further suggestions :)

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 18/04/2019 08:08, marvin kotler disse:

Good morning list; had some health issues so have not been on for a long time; and forgot is there a shut off of some sort so nvda does not repeat a key over and over? Any help would be appreciated.

marv

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sarah k Alawami

Is there not a key repeat and key delay in windows? I think that's what they mean? I'm not on my windows machine and won't be until probably tomorrow.

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 10:51 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Is there not a key repeat and key delay in windows?
Yes, as part of the settings for Filter Keys in Settings, Ease of Access, Keyboard Pane in Windows 10 [and since Marvin's message has Sent from Mail for Windows 10 as it's signature . . .].   It is only available when Filter Keys is toggled ON, otherwise the setting is hidden.

           ~ Edward Abbey