Ducking

Howard Traxler <howard@...>

My ne NVDA (19.1.1) has started this ducking thing.  Very annoying.  Can't figure out how to turn it off

Howard

Antony Stone

On Sunday 21 April 2019 at 18:11:14, Howard Traxler wrote:

My ne NVDA (19.1.1) has started this ducking thing. Very annoying.
Can't figure out how to turn it off

Howard
--
"Black holes are where God divided by zero."

- Steven Wright

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Straight out of the User Guide, accessible via NVDA Menu, Help, User Guide:
Audio Ducking Mode

Key: NVDA+shift+d

On Windows 8 and above, this option allows you to choose if NVDA should lower the volume of other applications while NVDA is speaking, or all the time while NVDA is running.

• No Ducking: NVDA will never lower the volume of other audio.
  • Duck when outputting speech and sounds: NVDA will only lower the volume of other audio when NVDA is speaking or playing sounds. This may not work for all synthesizers.
  • Always duck: NVDA will keep the volume of other audio lower the whole time NVDA is running.

This option is only available if NVDA has been installed. It is not possible to support audio ducking for portable and temporary copies of NVDA

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell.

~ Edward Abbey

Thank you Antony.  I looked in the user guide in the help menu but (I guess) didn't look good enough.  Thanks.

Howard

On 4/21/2019 11:15 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html#SelectSynthesizer

Antony.

On Sunday 21 April 2019 at 18:11:14, Howard Traxler wrote:

My ne NVDA (19.1.1) has started this ducking thing. Very annoying.
Can't figure out how to turn it off

Howard

And also with you, Brian.  Looking through the menus, if I'd looked at changing synthesizers, I would have found it.  But I didn't want to change synths.

Got it now, and thanks.

Howard

On 4/21/2019 11:21 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Straight out of the User Guide, accessible via NVDA Menu, Help, User Guide:
Audio Ducking Mode

Key: NVDA+shift+d

On Windows 8 and above, this option allows you to choose if NVDA should lower the volume of other applications while NVDA is speaking, or all the time while NVDA is running.

• No Ducking: NVDA will never lower the volume of other audio.
  • Duck when outputting speech and sounds: NVDA will only lower the volume of other audio when NVDA is speaking or playing sounds. This may not work for all synthesizers.
  • Always duck: NVDA will keep the volume of other audio lower the whole time NVDA is running.

This option is only available if NVDA has been installed. It is not possible to support audio ducking for portable and temporary copies of NVDA

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell.

~ Edward Abbey

Ralf Kefferpuetz

NVDA-shift-d

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Howard Traxler
Sent: Sonntag, 21. April 2019 18:11
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Ducking

My ne NVDA (19.1.1) has started this ducking thing. Very annoying. Can't figure out how to turn it off

Howard