Topics

Office 365 on the web

Joshua Tubbs

Hi all,

I need to do a PowerPoint project and need office. I discovered office
Education today, allowing college students to get Office for free as
long as they have a valid email address.

Unfortunately, and I'm not sure if this is universal or just with my
school, but I apparently "do not have a valid license for installing
office" and to contact my school etc.

The web version of PowerPoint doesn't seem all that bad. I saved a
default presentation as a test and all is well, but I wonder if
there's a way for me to download it? I can only share an online link
and I need to upload the file to Blackboard.

In any case, I try to add a slide title and I can press F2 to leave
the edit box, but browse mode or NVDA's equivilent to forms mode is
odd and I can't press enter and/or NVDA Space in this edit area to
edit the title.

I know installing the apps are the best option, but if I can't do
that, is there a screen reader guide to use the web version of these
apps?

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I did not even know there was a web version. Have you tried several browsers in case its browser sensitive?
As for saving it, I doubt if its possible if its a free product, they probably want you to buy it!

I'm not sure what Microsoft offer where you are you could try their accessibility help desk I suppose or even, shock horror using Narrator on the troublesome field.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

[...]

I do not know of any tutorials with regard to NVDA and web-based Office.   Given the fluidity, or potential fluidity, of the web based version I would be disinclined to use it if I had any other choice.   With the advent of the recycled license marketplace, most active on eBay but also plenty active elsewhere, it is a simple matter to get a legitimate recycled license for Office 2016 Pro Plus (or pretty much any edition, but that's "top of the line") for under $10.  I've now installed on 6 machines using recycled licenses, and had trouble twice, once being issued a second key and once a refund.

Three examples currently available (and there always seem to be plenty offered in the under $10 range):

Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2016-Full Version 32/64bit-All Languages key

genuine Office Pro Plus 2016-Full Version 32/64bit-All Languages-Activation key

Office Pro Plus 2016-Full Retail Version 32/64bit - Activation key.

If you plan on using any of the programs that are part of the Office suite heavily during your academic career I'd either purchase a recycled license or see if your school has an agreement for licensing for students and faculty through Microsoft at a reduced cost.

           ~ Edward Abbey

Luke Davis

Office 16 Pro plus is top of the line? I'm a bit surprised to hear that, having just ordered Office 2019 Pro on amazon for around $25, under what is likely a similar arrangement.

Luke