nvda said speak characters on/off

marvin kotler

Like in the subject, nvda plus 2 said speak characters on or off.  This made no difference.  For some reason in notepad, the keys speak like they are supposed to.  Since I like the keys to speak, for now I am using nvda’s rival and the keys do speak; like to clear up the issue with nvda, though.

Marv

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Dan Beaver

Sorry, I haven't been following this thread but have you turned on the character echo feature?  If not this might help.

If you already tried this I am sorry for suggesting it again.

Dan Beaver

--
Dan Beaver (KC4DOY)

Andre Fisher

You must have not read his message, but instead quickly replied. He said he tried to do so, using the NVDA+2 keyboard shortcut. However, he has failed to state which program he is not hearing characters being spoken in.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Argh, you changed to a new thread. This is getting confusing now.
I think if you are not careful you can get confused here. If you type into the field that does not speak, then cursor back can you hear the things you already typed?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Sorry, I haven't been following this thread but have you turned on the character echo feature? If not this might help.

If you already tried this I am sorry for suggesting it again.

Dan Beaver

On 5/1/2019 2:40 PM, marvin kotler wrote:

Like in the subject, nvda plus 2 said speak characters on or off. This made no difference. For some reason in notepad, the keys speak like they are supposed to. Since I like the keys to speak, for now I am using nvda’s rival and the keys do speak; like to clear up the issue with nvda, though.

Marv

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Dan Beaver (KC4DOY)

Quentin Christensen

Marvin,

Please reply to messages rather than creating a new thread - at least that way if things get delivered out of order, people can scroll down and read the message you are replying to quoted in your message to know what you are talking about.

The main thing we need to know now though, is what "message" program are you using that NVDA is not echoing characters in?

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 4:40 AM marvin kotler <m.kotler53@...> wrote:

Like in the subject, nvda plus 2 said speak characters on or off.  This made no difference.  For some reason in notepad, the keys speak like they are supposed to.  Since I like the keys to speak, for now I am using nvda’s rival and the keys do speak; like to clear up the issue with nvda, though.

Marv

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

marvin kotler

The program I am having trouble in is windows ten mail.  Appologies for confusion.

Marv

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi Marv

If i remember right not sure which version of mail it was at one time when you typed up your email it did not speak the letters i could be wrong. but you could then review what you typed by using the arrow keys or each word by ctrl + either left or right arrow key. I think it was also the same for microsoft edge but am sure it has all been fixed in later versions of windows.

by the way which version of windows are you on? if you do not know press the windows key and in the search box type winver then press the enter key. it wil then tell you your version of Windows.

you might have to update it so it speakes correctly in those areas.

Gene nz

I am not sure how far back when it was fixed.

On 3/05/2019 11:38 AM, marvin kotler wrote:

The program I am having trouble in is windows ten mail.  Appologies for confusion.

Marv

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Quentin Christensen

I do recall one version that was problematic though whether Microsoft fixed it, or NVDA did, I can't recall.  I am using Windows 10, April 2019 update 1903 build 18362.53 and NVDA 2019.1.1 (with no add-ons) and speak typed characters is working here for me.

Regards

Quenti.n

On Fri, May 3, 2019 at 11:41 AM hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

[...]

Image NVDA