Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 6:49 PM
Subject: [nvda] new messages still showing up at the bottom of my list

Hi, everyone,

I have decending order checked in thunderbird but the newer messages are
still going to the bottom instead of on top. I don't know what to do
about this. Would a clean install help?

Rosemarie

Gene

I'm not sure if my last message would benefit from clarification.  What I'm saying is that in a case like this, instead of considering more involved solutions, try the other setting first.  You don't know if the designer of the program means the same thing as would be expected and for the design team, descending and ascending may mean the opposite of what you and many others might expect.  So try the simple solutions in these sorts of cases andd then consider more involved ones.  Even if doing something like changing a setting seems not to make sense, as it may not in this case, you might as well try it.

If one setting doesn't work, try the other.  If that doesn't help, then if you want, you can spend more time fooling around.  But experimentation in cases where it can't do harm is part of being a confident computer user.  Things don't always work as expected for some reason.

Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 6:49 PM

Hi, everyone,

I have decending order checked in thunderbird but the newer messages are
still going to the bottom instead of on top. I don't know what to do
about this. Would a clean install help?

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Gene,

I did change the setting to ascending and it now works properly.

Rosemarie

Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 6:49 PM

Hi, everyone,

I have decending order checked in thunderbird but the newer messages are
still going to the bottom instead of on top. I don't know what to do
about this. Would a clean install help?

Rosemarie

Peter Beasley

That is the way I like my messages displayed.

I have decending order checked in thunderbird but the newer messages are
still going to the bottom instead of on top. I don't know what to do
about this. Would a clean install help?

Rosemarie

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I think this may be due to read vs unread. I was always a bit puzzled by some of the ways Thunderbird did things which is why I stopped using it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I have decending order checked in thunderbird but the newer messages are still going to the bottom instead of on top. I don't know what to do about this. Would a clean install help?

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

What program do you use now?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rosemarie Chavarria" <knitqueen2007@gmail.com>