NVDA and Brave Shields

Hey,

I use the Brave browser with NVDA. I read online that you can disable addblocking for an individual site in the Brave Shields panel, I do not see this option in the Brave Shields panel. Is this option not present, or does NVDA not see this option. And if NVDA does not see this option, is there a way to enable or disable add-blocking per individual site with NVDA? Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Artin Dekker

Brice Mijares

The web page for the brave browser states ads are blocked by default.

On 5/2/2019 9:15 AM, Artin Dekker via Groups.Io wrote:
Hey,
I use the Brave browser with NVDA. I read online that you can disable addblocking for an individual site in the Brave Shields panel, I do not see this option in the Brave Shields panel. Is this option not present, or does NVDA not see this option. And if NVDA does not see this option, is there a way to enable or disable add-blocking per individual site with NVDA? Thanks in advance.
Sincerely,
Artin Dekker

Mallard

Hello Artin,

I've seen that in Android, but not in Windows. I was wondering whether that would be possible in Windows as well.

While it's true that Brave blocks ads by default, they now have an option to let you support the sites you like, disabling ad blocking for those specific cases.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 02/05/2019 18:15, Artin Dekker via Groups.Io ha scritto:
Hey,

I use the Brave browser with NVDA. I read online that you can disable addblocking for an individual site in the Brave Shields panel, I do not see this option in the Brave Shields panel. Is this option not present, or does NVDA not see this option. And if NVDA does not see this option, is there a way to enable or disable add-blocking per individual site with NVDA? Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Artin Dekker

Luke Davis

Perhaps a silly question, but are you certain you are on the most recent version? If this is a feature they have added recently, it may not be in your version if you are even a little behind the current release.

Luke

On Thu, 2 May 2019, Artin Dekker via Groups.Io wrote:

I use the Brave browser with NVDA. I read online that you can disable addblocking for an individual site in the Brave Shields panel, I do not see this option in the Brave Shields panel. Is this option not present, or does NVDA not see this option. And if NVDA does not see this option, is there a way to enable or disable add-blocking per individual site with NVDA? Thanks in advance.

Hey,

I have looked at the About Brave screen and it says Brave is up to date. Version 0.63.48 Chromium: 74.0.3729.108 (Official build) (64-bit)

Sincerely,
Artin Dekker

Op 3-5-2019 om 00:29 schreef Luke Davis:

Perhaps a silly question, but are you certain you are on the most recent version?  If this is a feature they have added recently, it may not be in your version if you are even a little behind the current release.

Luke
 On Thu, 2 May 2019, Artin Dekker via Groups.Io wrote:

I use the Brave browser with NVDA. I read online that you can disable addblocking for an individual site in the Brave Shields panel, I do not see this option in the Brave Shields panel. Is this option not present, or does NVDA not see this option. And if NVDA does not see this option, is there a way to enable or disable add-blocking per individual site with NVDA? Thanks in advance.

Mallard

Hello Artin,

I think I've found the option.

Open Brave; Press Alt+f, and arrow down the menu. At a certain point you'll find an item called "Brave Rewards".

That should be the one, from what I've read.

Ciao,

hth,

Ollie