Voice Synthesis

Ed Marquette

Hello all:

I’m looking for a voice synthesizer that is highly responsive. I’ve been using Microsoft David. It is not to bad now — after I modified the system to speed it up. NVDA, alone, couldn’t speed it up sufficiently for me.
I’m looking for something as responsive as Eloquence or Vocalizer Direct for JAWS. I think there are versions of both for NVDA. Are they indeed responsive with NVDA?
Thank you n advance for any assistance.

Andre Fisher

Hi.

You can visit the below page to download the Code Factory add-on that contains Eloquence and Vocalizer Expressive for NVDA. I can't comment on its responsiveness right now, but when I tried it, it had audio issues. Hopefully, those have been fixed. You get a 7-day trial, after which you would need to purchase.
https://codefactoryglobal.com/app-store/voices-for-nvda/

Espeak is the most responsive synth footprint wize.

festival lite flite is, and pico I think it is.

But you aren't looking at high quality for responsiveness.

On 3/05/2019 1:51 PM, Ed Marquette wrote:
Hello all:

I’m looking for a voice synthesizer that is highly responsive. I’ve been using Microsoft David. It is not to bad now — after I modified the system to speed it up. NVDA, alone, couldn’t speed it up sufficiently for me.
I’m looking for something as responsive as Eloquence or Vocalizer Direct for JAWS. I think there are versions of both for NVDA. Are they indeed responsive with NVDA?
Thank you n advance for any assistance.

.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

No its a trade off and if you use Pico, then be aware that the package driver may fall over when nvda is made in Python 3 or so I'm led to believe.
If you can stand it try Espeak and look at all the variants or even create your own. I made the Quincy voice and yes, its robotic but not so ear bending as the main defaults are, but those were made as a compromise for sounding understandable for many languages out of the box, so to speak.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Espeak is the most responsive synth footprint wize.

festival lite flite is, and pico I think it is.

But you aren't looking at high quality for responsiveness.

On 3/05/2019 1:51 PM, Ed Marquette wrote:
Hello all:

I’m looking for a voice synthesizer that is highly responsive. I’ve been using Microsoft David. It is not to bad now — after I modified the system to speed it up. NVDA, alone, couldn’t speed it up sufficiently for me.
I’m looking for something as responsive as Eloquence or Vocalizer Direct for JAWS. I think there are versions of both for NVDA. Are they indeed responsive with NVDA?
Thank you n advance for any assistance.

.

Chris Chaffin

Hello,

I decided to purchase Eloquence for Windows from Code Factory instead of the NVDA add on. This installed Eloquence as a system tts voice.
I now use eloquence for both NVDA as well as for Narrator.

Here is a link for anyone interested:
https://codefactoryglobal.com/app-store/eloquence-for-windows/

Chris

On May 2, 2019, at 9:51 PM, Ed Marquette <marquette.ed@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello all:

I’m looking for a voice synthesizer that is highly responsive. I’ve been using Microsoft David. It is not to bad now — after I modified the system to speed it up. NVDA, alone, couldn’t speed it up sufficiently for me.
I’m looking for something as responsive as Eloquence or Vocalizer Direct for JAWS. I think there are versions of both for NVDA. Are they indeed responsive with NVDA?
Thank you n advance for any assistance.

Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...>

I find the Vocalizer voices quite responsive, and they're much more expressive than either the Microsoft SAPI or One-Core voices. There are quite a few from which to choose in a variety of languages. My favorite is U.S. English Ava. I think you'll enjoy them and am glad you can now try them out before you buy them.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

Personally, I prefer vocalizer. You can choose either the Vocalizer from Tifflotechnia, or as mentioned above Vocalizer plus Eloquence from Codefactory.

Gene

The Vocalizer speech works well, as far as I know, from the very little I played with it.  But the Eloquence offered in the same add-on has a lot of annoying artifacts.  You won't have those artifacts if you get the SAPI 5 version.

Sent: Friday, May 03, 2019 6:43 PM

Personally, I prefer vocalizer. You can choose either the Vocalizer from Tifflotechnia, or as mentioned above Vocalizer plus Eloquence from Codefactory.

Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...>

I would try vocalize or expressive.

On May 2, 2019, at 9:51 PM, Ed Marquette <marquette.ed@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello all:

I’m looking for a voice synthesizer that is highly responsive. I’ve been using Microsoft David. It is not to bad now — after I modified the system to speed it up. NVDA, alone, couldn’t speed it up sufficiently for me.
I’m looking for something as responsive as Eloquence or Vocalizer Direct for JAWS. I think there are versions of both for NVDA. Are they indeed responsive with NVDA?
Thank you n advance for any assistance.

JM Casey

Vocalizer is very human sounding, which is nice, but it is not what I would call "responsive", if I understood what is meant by the query.