need help removing avast

Margus Ojaots

Hello. Avast antivirus came with another program. Now, i would like to
remove it, but it doesnt say anything when moving with tab or arrows.
Can someone help?

Why not simply use Control Panel, Programs & Features?   Find Avast, activate the Uninstall link.

        ~ H.L. Mencken

Margus Ojaots

i clicked it but i cant movie anywhere, it doesnt say anything

--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

*Puritanism:  The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.*

        ~ H.L. Mencken

I can't explain that.  It's been a while, but when I removed Avast using the Control Panel when I last removed it I just got the standard, "Do you want to uninstall this program?," dialog.  There was nothing special about it.

The only other thing I can recommend, if Control Panel is not accessible for Avast removal, is to download and use the Avast Uninstaller Utility.

        ~ H.L. Mencken

Margus Ojaots

could someone use nvda remote and remove avast for me?

I can't explain that.  It's been a while, but when I removed Avast using the
Control Panel when I last removed it I just got the standard, "Do you want
to uninstall this program?," dialog.  There was nothing special about it.

The only other thing I can recommend, if Control Panel is not accessible for
Avast removal, is to download and use the Avast Uninstaller Utility (

Brian *-* Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

*Puritanism:  The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.*

        ~ H.L. Mencken

By the way, if anyone is using Safe Mode (which many things besides the Avast Uninstaller Utility requires) and you want to have sound in Safe Mode with Networking, see my previous instructions:  https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/56683

        ~ H.L. Mencken

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi,

for the uninstalling of Avast they may use an emergency regime, that is not good for us blind users.

Jarek

Dne 07-05-2019 v 16:47 Brian Vogel napsal(a):

Why not simply use Control Panel, Programs & Features?   Find Avast, activate the Uninstall link.

*/Puritanism:  The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy./*

        ~ H.L. Mencken

Gene

That won't work as I recall unless you are using another screen--reader.  JAWS lets you hear Avast speech.  Probably no other wscreen-readers do.  That's because, years ago, Avast developers let JAWS access the program to get speech but they had to specifically allow that program.  If you use NVDA, as I recall, you won't have speech when the Windows uninstaller runs the Avast uninstaller.

Its been years since I've uninstalled Avast.  Using JAWS, try using the Windows uninstaller.  At some point, you will not have speech.  You are on something that doesn't speak asking if you are sure about something.  Press the space bar and you will have speech.  There are a lot of items you tab through, I believe they are check boxes.  I don't recall if you can just uninstall the program or if you have to check all or all applicable check boxes,  You can see what they say and proceed accordingly.

One or two list members have said that uninstalling Avast causes one or two problems such as not being able to see settings in Drop Box options.  Perhaps using the installer instead of the uninstallation tool will uninstall the program and not cause such problems.  The Avast web site says to use the uninstaller and then use the tool if the uninstaller doesn't remove the program.

Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2019 9:47 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] need help removing avast

Why not simply use Control Panel, Programs & Features?   Find Avast, activate the Uninstall link.

        ~ H.L. Mencken

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

Hi. Here is my dropbox link for the avast removal tool.  Hope you find it useful.  Cheers!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5c3r8quptnoa7up/avastclear.exe?dl=1

On 5/7/2019 10:13 PM, Margus Ojaots wrote:
Hello. Avast antivirus came with another program. Now, i would like to
remove it, but it doesnt say anything when moving with tab or arrows.
Can someone help?

--
Pictures paint a thousand words;
Melodies paint a thousand dreams;

Jackie

Brian, this is a problem w/a lot of antivirus software--their
uninstallers don't work w/speech. I had a heck of a time uninstalling
Norton from a machine I'd bought. & all the techniques that used to
work ie, using some of the malware fighting tools to remove them
simply don't now. It's a real pita. I finally had to get sighted
assistance. Hurt my pride.

On 5/7/19, Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi. Here is my dropbox link for the avast removal tool.  Hope you find
it useful.  Cheers!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5c3r8quptnoa7up/avastclear.exe?dl=1

On 5/7/2019 10:13 PM, Margus Ojaots wrote:
Hello. Avast antivirus came with another program. Now, i would like to
remove it, but it doesnt say anything when moving with tab or arrows.
Can someone help?

--
Pictures paint a thousand words;
Melodies paint a thousand dreams;
Music paints a thousand worlds;
Movies light up fantasy screens.

Kevin Cussick

it is not accessible to a blind person, I think geek uninstaller might do it.