Questions

Ibrahim Ajayi

Hello good People:Please I'll like you to give me some tips on these
questions. Firstly, what is the NVDA keystroke for opening the system
tray of applications. Secondly, is there a way by which one can move
the mouse to a location without sighted assistance, that is for
programmes that don't have speech feedback.
Looking forward to your responses.
I am Ibrahim Ajayi from Nigeria.

Ibrahim,

       I'm not sure whether this is what you want with regard to the system tray, but WinKey+B immediately throws focus on the system tray and you can then navigate to whatever you wish to that's in it quite easily.  You just have to remember that the overflow area, where things that are in the system tray but for which you have not elected to always show icon, is what you land on first.

    ~ Lauren Bacall

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi,

I don't know about the mouse but the keystroke for going to the system tray is insert B.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Rosemarie

On 11/19/2016 4:54 PM, Ibrahim Ajayi wrote:
Hello good People:Please I'll like you to give me some tips on these
questions. Firstly, what is the NVDA keystroke for opening the system
tray of applications. Secondly, is there a way by which one can move
the mouse to a location without sighted assistance, that is for
programmes that don't have speech feedback.
Looking forward to your responses.
I am Ibrahim Ajayi from Nigeria.

Quentin Christensen

As others have noted, WINDOWS+B for the system tray, then use the arrow keys to move through the items and either ENTER or SPACE or APPLICATIONS KEY - depending on what you want to do and how a particular application works.  NVDA responds to either but other programs do different things.  Note that if you have icons in the "overflow" area, you may consider disabling that and having all system tray icons visible all the time (otherwise you need to activate the overflow area and then navigate around that for any that aren't in the regular area of the system tray)

For the mouse, it depends on what you are trying to do.  If you are trying to get to a control which you can't get to with the regular navigation keys, then the review cursor and object navigation will often be able to get you there - perhaps with a bit of exploring.  The User Guide has a section on the various ways of getting around in chapter 5: http://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html?#toc29  The "Basic Training for NVDA" module has comprehensive sections on both the Review Cursor and Object Navigation.  See: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen