Topics

NVDA and issue with Zoom

Chris G

Hi all,

I’m using the latest version of NVDA the Zoom conference platform under Windows 10.

I am having an issue setting DND.

  1. I load the Zoom window.
  2. Access the home tab
  3. Tab to my name and press space.
  4. Select DND from the menu.

Once I press enter on DND I should be able to arrow through the options, such as 20 minutes 1 hour etc.

The above steps assume I am already signed into my Zoom account.

Using JAWS 2019and narrator these options read and I can select them but can’t in NVDA.

Has anyone seen this issue?

Thanks,

Chris

Sarah k Alawami

Try it in object nav, in fact I use zoom in nothingn but object nav in that regard.

Take care

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 8 May 2019, at 8:53, Chris G wrote:

Hi all,

I’m using the latest version of NVDA the Zoom conference platform under Windows 10.

I am having an issue setting DND.

  1. I load the Zoom window.
  2. Access the home tab
  3. Tab to my name and press space.
  4. Select DND from the menu.

Once I press enter on DND I should be able to arrow through the options, such as 20 minutes 1 hour etc.

The above steps assume I am already signed into my Zoom account.

Using JAWS 2019and narrator these options read and I can select them but can’t in NVDA.

Has anyone seen this issue?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris G

Hi,

Can’t seem to get that menu to read.

The latest version of Zoom seems to be pretty accessible.  I installed it last Thursday and am seeing lots of improvements.  Just this DND menu doesn’t read with NVDA that I have found so far.

Before I report it to Zoom I wanted to see if anyone else could duplicate.

Thanks much,

Chris

[...]

I reported it to zoom's accessibility team, but I still think you should report it also because, yes, I can duplicate it.