Topics

third party rss readers

Christopher Bartlett

Has anyone found a desktop rss reader that works well with NVDA?  I'm currently using goread.io, which is a distinctly dissatisfactory service.

--
Christopher Bartlett

Ângelo Abrantes

Thunderbird works very well!

Ângelo Abrantes

Às 12:47 de 20-11-2016, Christopher Bartlett escreveu:
Has anyone found a desktop rss reader that works well with NVDA?  I'm currently using goread.io, which is a distinctly dissatisfactory service.

--
Christopher Bartlett

Avast logo

David Griffith

Personally I am very happy with the RSS Reader Program provided free along with the other Webbie Accessible Suite of Programs.

There has been a recent slight tsimplification of the program to improve stability where I understand automatic Feed Refresh after the program has been loaded has been removed.

I do not personally find this a problem as all I do is cursor down my list of available feeds. I then hit control R which not only refreshes the feed rapidly but also open up the table of available articles in the feed automatically. then  I just  press enter on the Feed article and it will load in your browser.

Press escape in the article list and you will go back to the feed list.

Very simple but it works great.

I paid for the QFeed program from Accessible Apps but to be honest this Free program is far far more stable and fast at loading. RSS Reader has never crashed on me whilst this was a frequent problem with QFeed.  Also the support from Alasdair King is good whilst the support on problems with the paid for QFeed is non-existent.

David Griffith

20/11/2016 12:47, Christopher Bartlett wrote:

Has anyone found a desktop rss reader that works well with NVDA?  I'm currently using goread.io, which is a distinctly dissatisfactory service.

--
Christopher Bartlett

Gene

I tried the RSS reader that is a part of the Webbie package and, while easy to use, I found that notices aren't necessarily in chronological order.  You may want to try it and see what your experience is but that's one reason I stopped using it, because I didn't have any way to be sure I wasn't missing new material without looking at every item in the list of entries for whatever feed I wanted to follow.  If others have a solution to this, it might prove useful to people who want an easy to use reader.  I haven't tried others so I can't directly answer your question but my answer may help you if you evaluate this reader.

Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2016 6:47 AM
Subject: [nvda] third party rss readers

Has anyone found a desktop rss reader that works well with NVDA?  I'm currently using goread.io, which is a distinctly dissatisfactory service.

--
Christopher Bartlett

try accessible RSS. the folks who make the webbie web browser

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I've not tried it, but there is one in the Webbie suite I think.
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between an rss reader and a podcast downloader, as many of those use rss, and store the files offline. The only difference is what the file actually is, audio html or whatever, surely?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-