Topics

NVDA remote

Ján Kulik

Hi all, Can anyone give me advice? in the instructions I read how to connect to the person via the NVDA remote. I tried everything possible, but I don't know why it still doesn't work for me. I didn't control the remote computer with the F11 key. I don't understand why. Thank!

P. Otter

possibly you have'nt the last update of remote.
if you use the last version of nvda you need the last update from nvdaremote.com.
cheers
paul otter

Op 9-5-2019 om 14:23 schreef Ján Kulik:

Hi all, Can anyone give me advice? in the instructions I read how to connect to the person via the NVDA remote. I tried everything possible, but I don't know why it still doesn't work for me. I didn't control the remote computer with the F11 key. I don't understand why. Thank!

Ján Kulik

I have the latest version 2.2 with compatible nvda 2019.1

Ján Kulik

And is this add-on compatible with the new version of NVDA? Maybe that's why it doesn't work for me I don't know.

P. Otter

strange, my remote works fine.
you can try to restart nvda or reboot your computer per haps it helps.
what is the error message you hear?
cheers
paul otter

Op 9-5-2019 om 14:37 schreef Ján Kulik:

I have the latest version 2.2 with compatible nvda 2019.1

Ján Kulik

Well, strange, no report came to me here. Only that I was connected. But, I don't know why I can't control a user's computer, as I started the key and host, I don't understand. From the two switches I chose a client and in that the other two switches nsom gave a remote computer. Just like that. Only the second person must have then set to allow control of this computer not?

Blaster

I copied these instructions a while back, they worked for me, but I
haven't tried it with the newer version of remote that was mentioned
above, However, I think it will still work as these instructions are
fairly straight forward. If anything has changed, I'm sure someone
will chime in here and make a correction.

The Following is the process for setting up a NVDA remote session.

1. Go to the NVDA menu and arrow down to tools.

Expand the tools submenu with the right arrow key,
then arrow down to remote.

Expand the remote submenu with the right arrow key.

The first option will be connect.
Press enter. You will land on 2 radio buttons that say client and server.

Choose client which is the first button.

Tab once and you will land on another radio button with 2 choices,
control another computer, and allow my computer to be controlled.

Your helper will choose the button, control another computer.

Tab once and enter the NVDA remote server. It is:

www.nvdaremote.com

Tab once more. You will be in a field that asks you for a key.

You can either choose your own or have the system generate one for you.

I usually just choose a simple 4 digit key. Next, tab to the ok button.

Now what you have to do is pretty much the same,

except when you get to the radio buttons that say, control another
computer, or allow my computer to be controlled, arrow down to the
second button.

Then tab and type in the remote server name:

www.nvdaremote.com

Tab once and enter the same key that your helper chose.

Tab to the ok button and press enter.

You should hear a tone and you should be connected.

Your helper can toggle between controlling their computer and yours
with the f11 key.

HTH,
Blaster

On 5/9/19, P. Otter <pam.otter@...> wrote:
strange, my remote works fine.
you can try to restart nvda or reboot your computer per haps it helps.
what is the error message you hear?
cheers
paul otter

Op 9-5-2019 om 14:37 schreef Ján Kulik:

I have the latest version 2.2 with compatible nvda 2019.1

Sarah k Alawami

What errors are you getting etc? Did you and the person allow it through the firewalls and security protocols you might have on your machines if any?

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 9 May 2019, at 5:23, Ján Kulik wrote:

Hi all, Can anyone give me advice? in the instructions I read how to connect to the person via the NVDA remote. I tried everything possible, but I don't know why it still doesn't work for me. I didn't control the remote computer with the F11 key. I don't understand why. Thank!

Ján Kulik

I did all the steps as it was written. But in vain. The key we provided to that person I entered. But I don't see the computer at all. So I don't know how I can do some things. Although I press a given key, it's completely silent, even though I switched to control remove and nothing. Of course I pressed the F11 key.

P. Otter

hi,
when you press connect, you press after making a key on ok, do you hear 2 tones that the connection is right?

Op 9-5-2019 om 17:19 schreef Ján Kulik:

I did all the steps as it was written. But in vain. The key we provided to that person I entered. But I don't see the computer at all. So I don't know how I can do some things. Although I press a given key, it's completely silent, even though I switched to control remove and nothing. Of course I pressed the F11 key.

Ján Kulik

yes, I hear 2 tones correctly that the connection is successful. And when I hear 3 tones, it means I am connected to a control server that can control my computer.

Ján,
Do you know if this person is using the same version of the add-on as you have? Also, the same NVDA version itself?

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Ján Kulik

Hi Marcio,
he doesn't know what version he has and he doesn't know what his NVDA version is. Everything was done by his school teacher.

Ján Kulik

And moreover, I have no way to help him when he doesn't even know what version he uses. And he also complained to me about Weather +, which he wasn't working on because it was broken

Ján,
he doesn't know what version he has and he doesn't know what his NVDA version is.
This may well be the root cause for all of this.
Though I'd love to be wrong on this one, I'm almost sure that if you use an NVDA/NVDA Remote with a version other than that that the person you are trying to help is using, you won't have success controlling their machine.
You'll be able to connect, though. Just what you're reporting. You can connect but you can't control the machine.
Well, I guess we found the problem. What a pity we haven't  found the solution.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Em 09/05/2019 14:18, Ján Kulik disse:
Hi Marcio,
he doesn't know what version he has and he doesn't know what his NVDA version is. Everything was done by his school teacher.

Luke Davis

The solution is probably to email him, or direct him to, a link to the latest NVDA installer, and then after he successfully does that, email him a link to, or the actual file for, the latest version of NVDA remote.

Luke

On Thu, 9 May 2019, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:

Ján,
he doesn't know what version he has and he doesn't know what his NVDA version is.
This may well be the root cause for all of this.
Though I'd love to be wrong on this one, I'm almost sure that if you use an NVDA/NVDA Remote with a version other than that that the person you are trying
to help is using, you won't have success controlling their machine.
You'll be able to connect, though. Just what you're reporting. You can connect but you can't control the machine.
Well, I guess we found the problem. What a pity we haven't  found the solution.

Kevin Cussick

are you both using the same keyboard? it states in the user guide that you should be using the same keyboard like the same language and the same type of keyboard, like laptop or desktop.

On 09/05/2019 16:45, Ján Kulik wrote:
yes, I hear 2 tones correctly that the connection is successful. And when I hear 3 tones, it means I am connected to a control server that can control my computer.

Kerryn Gunness

the f 11 key is used to switch between the controller computer and the computer you are controlling