Topics

accessible securly disk wiper

Richard Kuzma

Good morning,

Does anyone know of any decent accessible disk wiping software?

Thanks

Rich

Rich, with the transition to universal apps and the like, I never know how accessible any given program might be to someone in the abstract.

You could certainly try out CCleaner Standard Free to see if it works for you.  Under the Tools Pane is the Drive Wiper tool.  Once you've selected that you have a dialog that lets you choose:

  • Free Space on a drive or the entire drive, contents and all
  • The number of overwrite passes:  1, 3, 7, or 35  (each being more secure and adding time to the process - 35 takes forever)
  • And a series of checkboxes for the drive or drives you wish to select on which the wipe action will be performed

    ~ Lauren Bacall

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

Paragon used to make a disk wiping softeware that was accessible in the windows XP days.  They still have the disk wiping, but it's rolled in with their disk programs (either their partition program or their disk copy program).  Neither one of these programs are 100 percent accessible, but they are likely accessible enough to do the job.  I have both of these programs,, and have used both for various things, though I've not (yet) used either one for wiping a disk, the rest of the utilities are accessible (albeit with some difficulty) with the demo of jaws, though not so much with NVDA which is why I'd been asking about making programs accessible using NVDA scripting.  I have yet to find any way to make an inaccessible program accessible, though I have found multiple ways to make accessible programs inaccessible with NVDA scripting. :)

But anyway, I know this isn't exactly a glowing review of the above programs, but with some effort, they can be made to do what you want, but do be patient.

On 11/20/2016 11:55 AM, Richard Kuzma via Groups.Io wrote:

Good morning,

Does anyone know of any decent accessible disk wiping software?

Thanks

Rich

Avast logo