AUDIO DUCKING ISSUES

heaven.lists92@...

Dear list

I have an Asus laptop with the newest NVDA, the newist Windows and Office 365.

Since I sent my laptop in for repairs I have been experiencing the following strange issues with NVDA:

  1. Whenever the laptop makes a Windows sound or any other sound, NVDA becomes a lot softer.
  2. Sometimes NVDA moves to the right speaker of its own accord and I don’t hear it from the left speaker at all.
  3. I have to set NVDA on 10% or 20% otherwise it is too loud.  The umps between volumes are so large.

I have tried everything I can think of to fix these issues, but I can’t get it right.

Please help!

Kind regards

Heaven

Andre Fisher

Hi.

Did you turn off all sound enhancements? This does not sound like a ducking issue to me at all.

Luke Davis

Do you have these problems if you use headphones or external speakers?

Luke

On Fri, 10 May 2019, heaven.lists92@gmail.com wrote:

I have an Asus laptop with the newest NVDA, the newist Windows and Office 365.
1. Whenever the laptop makes a Windows sound or any other sound, NVDA becomes a lot softer.
2. Sometimes NVDA moves to the right speaker of its own accord and I don’t hear it from the left speaker at all.
3. I have to set NVDA on 10% or 20% otherwise it is too loud.  The umps between volumes are so large.

Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...>

I had a similar issue several years ago when I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. I finally called the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk, and the agent to whom I spoke installed a new sound driver for me. You might give that a try. Good luck.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

heaven.lists92@...

Dear Abbey

I’ll definitely try the Microsoft Help desk.  They may be able to help me.

Thak you for your suggestion.

Kind regards

Heaven