(I'm talking about the sound so Nvda can tell me in Free Commander the left and right panels.)
Jarek

Jacob Kruger

If I play around with free commander - been a little while - I think I used to check window title to find out which panel had focus.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2019-05-15 10:06 PM, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:
Hi Group Nvda,
I use Free Commander for free on my computer.
To switch between individual panels, press Tab.
However, Nvda does not tell me which panel I am in.
Free Commander is available at:
http://freecommander.com
I wonder if there will ever be a sound system for Free Commander implemented in Nvda.
(I'm talking about the sound so Nvda can tell me in Free Commander the left and right panels.)
Jarek

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi Jacob,

I never know, which panel in Free Commander is opened.

Which key may I press to find out it.

Jarek

On 2019-05-15 10:06 PM, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:
Hi Group Nvda,
I use Free Commander for free on my computer.
To switch between individual panels, press Tab.
However, Nvda does not tell me which panel I am in.
Free Commander is available at:
http://freecommander.com
I wonder if there will ever be a sound system for Free Commander implemented in Nvda.
(I'm talking about the sound so Nvda can tell me in Free Commander the left and right panels.)
Jarek

Jacob Kruger

Not really relevant, but, just used golden cursor to tell me which panel I was in - tabbed over to one after the other, routed mouse cursor to where was focused, and then asked golden cursor add-on to tell me mouse coordinates.

But, have never really bothered - I just use NVDA key + T to get it to tell me the title of the window, which tells me which of the panels I am focused on..

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
082 413 4791

On 2019-05-15 10:06 PM, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:
Hi Group Nvda,
I use Free Commander for free on my computer.
To switch between individual panels, press Tab.
However, Nvda does not tell me which panel I am in.
Free Commander is available at:
http://freecommander.com
I wonder if there will ever be a sound system for Free Commander implemented in Nvda.
(I'm talking about the sound so Nvda can tell me in Free Commander the left and right panels.)
Jarek

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi Jacob,

do you know the addon?

If I press Nvda+t, nothing is told me.

Jarek

On 2019-05-15 10:06 PM, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:
Hi Group Nvda,
I use Free Commander for free on my computer.
To switch between individual panels, press Tab.
However, Nvda does not tell me which panel I am in.
Free Commander is available at:
http://freecommander.com
I wonder if there will ever be a sound system for Free Commander implemented in Nvda.
(I'm talking about the sound so Nvda can tell me in Free Commander the left and right panels.)
Jarek

Jacob Kruger

No specific add-on involved, and, NVDA + T would generally just announce the window title?

BTW, let me double-check that we're talking about same file manager - I'm occasionally working with FreeCommander XE version 2018.0.0.770:

https://freecommander.com/en/summary/

By the way, am also working under windows 10 64 bit, so, yes, I do have the windows 10 app essentials add-on installed, but, also don't think that's really relevant.

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

On 2019-05-15 10:06 PM, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:
Hi Group Nvda,
I use Free Commander for free on my computer.
To switch between individual panels, press Tab.
However, Nvda does not tell me which panel I am in.
Free Commander is available at:
http://freecommander.com
I wonder if there will ever be a sound system for Free Commander implemented in Nvda.
(I'm talking about the sound so Nvda can tell me in Free Commander the left and right panels.)
Jarek

Jarek.Krcmar

No,

I have tried the object navigation, Nvda said me all, but without information about panels.

No announciation.

I have Free Commander version 2019.

Jarek

On 2019-05-15 10:06 PM, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:
Hi Group Nvda,
I use Free Commander for free on my computer.
To switch between individual panels, press Tab.
However, Nvda does not tell me which panel I am in.
Free Commander is available at:
http://freecommander.com
I wonder if there will ever be a sound system for Free Commander implemented in Nvda.
(I'm talking about the sound so Nvda can tell me in Free Commander the left and right panels.)
Jarek

Jacob Kruger

I was specifically talking about just using the window title announcement, and, the reason I mentioned operating system, etc. is that under windows 10, it's just possible the windows 10 app essentials add-on would be sort of required to have it work a bit better.

However, like mentioned as well, I rarely even fire up free commander, so, sorry - can't be much more help.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

Hi Group Nvda,

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 03:58 PM, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:
I have Free Commander version 2019.
Are you using the installed version or the portable version, and under what version of Windows?

        ~ H.L. Mencken

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi Jacob,

could you tell me, how can I find the windows tittle?

Jarek

On 2019-05-15 10:06 PM, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:
Hi Group Nvda,
I use Free Commander for free on my computer.
To switch between individual panels, press Tab.
However, Nvda does not tell me which panel I am in.
Free Commander is available at:
http://freecommander.com
I wonder if there will ever be a sound system for Free Commander implemented in Nvda.
(I'm talking about the sound so Nvda can tell me in Free Commander the left and right panels.)
Jarek

Jarek,
could you tell me, how can I find the windows tittle?
Being on the window you want to know the title, NVDA+T.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi Marcio,

if I press in the Free Commander the keys Nvda+T, Nvda doesn't anounce to me the left and right panel.

Jarek

Jarek,

Marcio <https://tinyurl.com/TlkTM>
AKA /Starboy/

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Jacob Kruger

NVDA key + T = "Reports the title of the current application or foreground window."

Jacob Kruger
082 413 4791

On 2019-05-15 10:06 PM, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:
Hi Group Nvda,
I use Free Commander for free on my computer.
To switch between individual panels, press Tab.
However, Nvda does not tell me which panel I am in.
Free Commander is available at:
http://freecommander.com
I wonder if there will ever be a sound system for Free Commander implemented in Nvda.
(I'm talking about the sound so Nvda can tell me in Free Commander the left and right panels.)
Jarek

Gene

I don't use the program but can you move from panel to panel in any way, such as with f6?  If so, is what you see restricted to whatever panel you can move to?

Sent: Friday, May 17, 2019 5:10 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Nvda and Free Commander

Hi Marcio,

if I press in the Free Commander the keys Nvda+T, Nvda doesn't anounce
to me the left and right panel.

Jarek

Dne 17-05-2019 v 11:55 Marcio via Groups.Io napsal(a):
> Jarek,
>> could you tell me, how can I find the windows tittle?
> Being on the window you want to know the title, NVDA+T.
>
> Cheers,
> Marcio <https://tinyurl.com/TlkTM>
> AKA /Starboy/
>

> Sent from a galaxy far, far away.
>
> --
> Thunderbird things - questions, features, add-ons and much more!

Jacob Kruger

Jarek, it will only announce the current folder/directory that the current panel is focused on/browsing.

That's what was saying yesterday with regards to the golden cursor add-on allowing me to route mouse cursor to focus object, and then check mouse coordinates, to tell if it was to the left or the right.

So, there's no specific way to get it to tell you if free commander refers to it as panel 1 or panel 2.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
082 413 4791