Topics

locked A short survey on using NVDA with E-Publications

Sile

Hello all

This is a request for help with a survey looking at how screen reader users access electronic publications.

I know a couple of people have already indicated that they would be willing to participate but in case anyone missed the original announcement, I am including it here.

Researchers at the University of Michigan are currently conducting a pilot study to gain some understanding of the ways in which users of screen readers such as NVDA and Jaws acquire and use E-Publications.

If you have a couple of minutes, would you be willing to participate?  There are 12 questions and the survey takes approximately 5 minutes to complete.

The reward, if you choose to accept it, is a free ebook from the University of Michigan Press - we can send you a list of possible titles if you include your email address in the box at the end of the form.

We need responses back by the end of May.

The survey is here:

<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd6DmQbgj5n9RDe-VtevIpWeRM5iOfqX8Xf_xEhfSkkGweJZw/viewform?usp=sf_link> '

Thanks in advance for your help.

--Sile--Sile O'Modhrain

Associate Professor,

School of Information

University of Michigan.

Hi Sile,
Opening this link, I'm informed that I need permission to access this form. Is this the expected behavior?

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

--
Are you a Thunderbird user? Then join the Thunderbird mailing list to help and be helped with all Thunderbird things - questions, features, add-ons and much more!

I can also report that access to the survey form under Google Docs is restricted.  Someone needs to go in and either make it entirely public or at least make it such that those who have the link can access it.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

Puritanism:  The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.

~ H.L. Mencken

Sile

Note: The link in the previous message was bad - please find the revised notice below.

Hello all

This is a request for help with a survey looking at how screen reader users access electronic publications.

I know a couple of people have already indicated that they would be willing to participate but in case anyone missed the original announcement, I am including it here.

Researchers at the University of Michigan are currently conducting a pilot study to gain some understanding of the ways in which users of screen readers such as NVDA and Jaws acquire and use E-Publications.

If you have a couple of minutes, would you be willing to participate?  There are 12 questions and the survey takes approximately 5 minutes to complete.

The reward, if you choose to accept it, is a free ebook from the University of Michigan Press - we can send you a list of possible titles if you include your email address in the box at the end of the form.

The survey is here:

<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdaTt__XoOHp0Fp-WOP2KwN12Ku0bxISOCmGhFqraka_Y3oMg/viewform?usp=sf_link>

--Sile--Sile O'Modhrain

Associate Professor,

School of Information

University of Michigan.

Ângelo Abrantes

You need permission
This form can only be viewed by users in the owner's organization.
Try contacting the owner of the form if you think this is a mistake.

Às 18:43 de 16-05-2019, Sile via Groups.Io escreveu:

Hello all

The survey is here:

<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd6DmQbgj5n9RDe-VtevIpWeRM5iOfqX8Xf_xEhfSkkGweJZw/viewform?usp=sf_link> '

--Sile--Sile O'Modhrain

Associate Professor,

School of Information

University of Michigan.

--
Cordiais Cumprimentos
Ângelo Abrantes, Equipa <Portuguesa do NVDA

---
Este e-mail foi verificado em termos de vírus pelo software antivírus Avast.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Ângelo Abrantes

Done.

Às 19:45 de 16-05-2019, Sile via Groups.Io escreveu:

Note: The link in the previous message was bad - please find the revised notice below.

Hello all

The survey is here:

<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdaTt__XoOHp0Fp-WOP2KwN12Ku0bxISOCmGhFqraka_Y3oMg/viewform?usp=sf_link>

--Sile--Sile O'Modhrain

Associate Professor,

School of Information

University of Michigan.

--
Cordiais Cumprimentos
Ângelo Abrantes, Equipa <Portuguesa do NVDA

---
Este e-mail foi verificado em termos de vírus pelo software antivírus Avast.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Hello All,

Nimer and I are very well aware that it is difficult to get research subjects in general, let alone among the community of screen reader users.  We do, however, ask that requests to post calls for subjects be made via the Owner address, nvda+owner@nvda.groups.io, before posting same.

Here is the direct link to this survey:   Survey on NVDA Use with e-Publications

I encourage those who are so inclined to participate.  At this time this topic is locked since the correct link to the survey has now been posted twice.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

Puritanism:  The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.

~ H.L. Mencken