From: "P. Otter" <pam.otter@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2019 4:26 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] New add-on for Brother Utilities app

yes it was a message from Rui Fontes.
because I had purchased a printer of this brand that I responded to.
I wanted to know if there was a solution to read the ink level in NVDA.
that standard very difficult because they indicate the ink level of a chart and not numbers.becouse
cheers
paul otter

Op 27-9-2019 om 23:56 schreef Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io:
hey
about
add ons for brodder
what is this about
is there an add on for brodder?

----- Original Message ----- From: "P. Otter" <pam.otter@...>
On 2019-09-12 3:02 p.m., Shaun Everiss wrote:
you go here

https://github.com/ruifontes/BrLauncher/releases/download/1.0/BrLauncher-1.0.nvda-addon

However I wouldn't bother.

The combo boxes are still as inaccessible as ever.

The documentation doesn't have a command list, it will run as far back is 17.03 and as current is last nvda.

The documentation seems to just be the really basic readme pulled from github.

Now this is from a user looking at this briefly.

The addon works.

But it may as well be a pile of crap for all it does to me.

I don't know how to work it, there is basically no documentation except for a small description about what it does.

There isn't even a keyboard shortcut list.

If at all possible, I would like to see more than a learn more button labeled on the brother utilities and the iprint software.

There is a combobox on brother utilities but that and iprint are pritty much no gos as far as it matters.

Luckily unless you need to reinstall the driver you never have to bother with this really.

In fact depending on what you are doing, you may never need to bother about any of the brother software for basic tasks, both printing and scanning.

If your router or something changes you can edit the printer address as long as you have set that up yourself and configure it from windows and the web interfaces.

Hopefully you won't need to do that that often.

The software is a bit hit and miss, but then its not a problem because you don't need to use that software for scanning and printing which is about all we will ever need it for.

Anything else and well who knows.

The software for most brother things are just front ends for standard dumb users that want to use it.

The web interface is accessible enough for most users.

If you know how to configure a router then you will know how to use the web interface of any device like this.

The brother printer is like that.

On 13/09/2019 2:52 am, Robert Logue wrote:
Hello Rui. I am very interested in your addon. I just got a Brother laser mfp.

Please. How do I install this addon?

Thanks.

Bob

On 2019-05-18 9:36 a.m., Rui Fontes wrote:
Hello!

It is available an add-on to labell the buttons of this app, used for the Broter printers and multifunctionals and to gave some hints...

The code is available in:
https://github.com/ruifontes/BrLauncher

Direct download:
https://github.com/ruifontes/BrLauncher/releases/download/1.0/BrLauncher-1.0.nvda-addon

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
NVDA portuguese team
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Kerryn Gunness

i missed the messages
hense why i am asking
ok

On 2019-05-18 9:36 a.m., Rui Fontes wrote:
Hello!

It is available an add-on to labell the buttons of this app, used for the Broter printers and multifunctionals and to gave some hints...

The code is available in:
https://github.com/ruifontes/BrLauncher

Direct download:
https://github.com/ruifontes/BrLauncher/releases/download/1.0/BrLauncher-1.0.nvda-addon

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
NVDA portuguese team
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

P. Otter

hello, i've a brother all-in-one named DCP J572 DW.
I want to know how much ink there is in the cartridges.
I was hopefull this add-on will be helpfull.
what can i do after installing this add-on?
in the info I found nothing about how to work with it.
please help meYour help will be greatly appreciated
Paul Otter

Op 21-9-2019 om 17:23 schreef Rui Fontes:

Hello!

For NVDA 2019.2:
https://www.tiflotecnia.net/BrLauncher.nvda-addon

For the last Alpha versions based on Python 3:
https://www.tiflotecnia.net/brLauncher.nvda-addon

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.
NVDA portuguese team

Às 15:26 de 21/09/2019, Robert Logue escreveu:
Add-ons Manager  row 1  column 3
Choose Add-on Package File  dialog  File name:
Files of type:  combo box  NVDA Add-on Package (*.nvda-addon) collapsed Alt+t

I navigate to the unzipped folder: BrLauncher. Then inspect every sub folder to find the *.nvda-addon. The installer can't find the reqired file.

Is there a different method of launching your helper add-on?

These are the files and folder I see with Explorer:

Items View  list
addon  not selected  1 of 12
site_scons  2 of 12
.gitattributes  3 of 12
.gitignore  4 of 12
buildVars.py  5 of 12
COPYING.txt  6 of 12
LICENSE  7 of 12
manifest.ini.tpl  8 of 12
manifest-translated.ini.tpl  9 of 12
readme.md  10 of 12
sconstruct  11 of 12

Bob

On 2019-05-18 9:36 a.m., Rui Fontes wrote:
Hello!

It is available an add-on to labell the buttons of this app, used for the Broter printers and multifunctionals and to gave some hints...

The code is available in:
https://github.com/ruifontes/BrLauncher

Direct download:
https://github.com/ruifontes/BrLauncher/releases/download/1.0/BrLauncher-1.0.nvda-addon

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
NVDA portuguese team
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Rui Fontes

Sorry, but, please, tell me where...

As I said, please, give me a step to step to get there...

Rui Fontes

Às 23:06 de 12/09/2019, Shaun Everiss escreveu:

There is a main box with all the objects and the like, and a lot of buttons the app can not be navigated as such either.
On 13/09/2019 9:56 am, Rui Fontes wrote:
Hello!

Please, let me know what combobox is inaccessible...

Give me a step to step guide for those inaccessible comboboxes...

Rui Fontes